Sunday, July 20, 2014

Saturday, July 19th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10:30, woke up at 5, again at 6 and got up at 6:30, but no trips to the bathroom between 10:30pm and 6:30am.  Yah!

I was at El Comedor de Chava by 8:15 and they were open.  I asked Lucas why they weren’t open at 8am last Wednesay and Thursday and he said they were cleaning.

I worked on my Spanish until noon then stopped at Exito and bought a bag of milk and half a dozen mums for Teresa.

I left the apartment at 1:05, took the Circular Sur 302 bus to the Aguacatala Metro Station, but this time went north 2 stops to the Industriales Metro Station.  I arrive about 10 minutes early and Teresa and Laura arrived right on time.  We took a taxi to Cerro Nutibara and we had lunch at Restaurante La Fonda del Pueblo.  Teresa and I shared a chicken caesar salad for 18,200 and Laura had chicken in a sauce for 24,600.  We each had a soda for 2,900.  Including tip the total came to 56,269.

Just before 4pm we walked down stone stairs to the theatre which is situated with seating on the side of the hill which reminded me of several similar theatres I saw in Greece.  There were several signs identifying this as the 24th International Poetry Festival of Medellin.  A sign in front said “In the city and in the heart burns the same flame”.  The poetry readings began at 4:15 and continued until 7:30.  Readings were in English, Italian, Bulgarian, Japanese, and were all translated into Spanish.  The theatre was packed and people were sitting in the grass above the cement bowl.  At several points a “helicopter” came down into the bowl with a camera attached.

After the readings I went back to the entrance of the theatre and used one of the porta potties they had outside.  

Next a couple came out, he played the guitar, and she played the guitar, other instruments and sang.  I don’t think anyone had left.  I enjoyed the music and there were scenes flashed on a screen behind them.  At one point people cheered with signs that came up like “I love my legs”, “I love my tits”, “I love my pussy”, “I love my whole body”.  Some of the other parts of the body I haven’t learned in Spanish.

We finally left about 8:30; I was concerned about us getting a taxi with so many other people there.  We walked down the winding road we had come up on and finally caught a taxi which we took to Pizza Americana where we had my usual pizza in the next larger size with a bottle of Colombiana.  We walked Laura down to the bus stop and she caught the bus to Aguacatala.

We went to bed at 10:30 and I didn’t wake up until 5am the next morning.

T-shirt of the day: No idea what I’m doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment