Sunday, July 13, 2014

Saturday, July 12th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10:15, got up twice at midnight and 2am, woke up at 6am and got up at 6:15.

This morning I found an email that Teresa sent last night just as I was going to bed.  She said: she’s happy I got a haircut, she’s ok with our talking with Jhon at 3, and she confirmed we will meet at the store at 2.  I think that means between 2 and 3 we will go for a little lunch.

While I had breakfast at the hotel a worker there offered me some beans and rice and called it calentao.  Now I know what it’s called.  At El Comedor de Chava I thought it was what they called one of their breakfast items that just included the beans and rice.  Per Wikipedia “Calentao is a Paisa and Antioquia, Colombian cuisine dish made from reheated leftovers including rice and beans. It is generally eaten for breakfast”

At LM I noticed one of the items on the new menu at Pasabocas Krocantes is baklava (although they spelled it baklawa).  

Harry came by and told me more of his problems with his wife and his girlfriend.  He is seriously thinking of dropping his girlfriend so he can get back on the good graces of his wife.  I told him to think carefully about that because if he does he will be back where he was a month ago – complaining to me that he doesn’t have a girlfriend.

Teresa called me and all I understood was “car”.  I handed the phone to Harry and he told me she is having car problems and will be late.  (She doesn’t have a car so I guess she got a ride in someone’s private car for the price of a bus ticket and then they had car trouible.)

Teresa arrived about 2:30 and we went to LM where she had fish and mushroom salad from Patacon for 22,200 and I had a Friburrito and small Pepsi from Frisby.  While I was waiting for her to finish her fish I called Jhon and told him we would be at the corner store in about 15 minutes.  He said he was watching the Netherlands vs Brazil match and he wanted to finish it so we decided we would meet afterwards.

Teresa and I met him at the corner bar at 5:30 but we decided to move to a quieter bar next to Avenida Ochenta (80).  I had an iced tea and they had rum and water and we talked until 10pm.  BTW, Netherlands won 3-0.  Jhon and I talked about churros and I learned that Los Mejores sells them after 1pm in the afternoon.  I wonder what else they have on their menu that I haven’t seen.  I asked Teresa if she wants to go with me to see Heaven is Real and I learned that only only has she and Laura read the book but they have the DVD already.

I invited Jhon to join us for lunch at Wing Zone tomorrow (my treat) to watch the championship match.

The big news is that either I will get an apartment in Envigado and Teresa will live with me and her daughter will live in her mother’s apartment with Wilson OR I will move into her finca with her in Amiga.  In the latter case we would save the price of rent because she owns the finca.  Besides not seeing the finca yet, the one negative there is that I found out she doesn’t have hot water so I guess we’ll be getting one of those suicide showers.  I have to give 2 months notice, which I will do soon, so that means the move will be on, or just before, October 1st.

She wants to sell the finca for $150,000 but doesn’t want to give it away for something like $100,000.  There is a road being built nearby which she believes will cut down the travel time to the finca from 45 minutes to 25 minutes.

I like Teresa a lot and we seem to have a lot in common and the only negatives I can see are that she occasionally likes to drink (rum) and she eats fish.

T-shirt of the day: Enjoy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment