Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up once during the night, woke up at 6am and got up at 6:30.

I had breakfast at Los Mejores followed by a little studying at the corner store.  I bought a banana for 10 cents after I left.

After Spanish class I had a whopper and small milkshake at Burger King.  I took a bus to Home Center where I found a pretty cylindrical flower vase for 29,900.  As I was coming down the escalator I noticed on the DirectTV advertisement they were showing the White Sox game vs KC.  James Shields was pitching for KC, the score was 1-1 so I waited long enough to see Adam Dunn and Alexie Ramirez end the inning.  The guy working there was nice enough that he turned on the 2nd set and invited me to sit down to watch the game but I told him I didn’t have enough time.  He asked me which I liked more – baseball or football and I answered the latter – the Chicago Bears.  He had a calendar and he asked me when they play and I told him September thru December.  He turned to September and it showed an NFL symbol on Monday, September 1st so that might be the official opening of the season.

I managed to get the vase home without breaking it, no thanks to the bus driver who stepped on the gas as soon as I was on the first step of the bus.

I took a little nap from 3:05 to 4:20, with the fan on, to get through the heat of the day.

I received a magicJack email call on my iPad from an Andrew at Apartment Depot in Chicago trying to reach a Tris about an apartment.  I tried to call him back but magicJack isn’t letting me use switch to my headset. 

At 4:37 Teresa called me from Envigado.  We exchanged pleasantries and then I asked her to read my email.  She said she would when she got back to the finca later today.

For dinner I had a bowl of granola with banana slices.  I left a couple of small pieces out for the ants.

T-shirt of the day: Open your mind before your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment