Friday, August 1, 2014

Friday, August 1st, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10:45, woke up at 4am but quickly fell back asleep, woke/got up at 6:30 which was a pretty good night’s sleep.

Among new US movie releases, I would like to see Guardians of the Galaxy (9.0); Calvary (7.6) and Lucy also sound interesting.

I checked the local movies and the only thing I want to see is Africa 3D but here it’s dubbed in Spanish so I guess I’ll wait to see if they offer it in its original English.

I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and an orange juice at Redd’s.  There were a lot of people in Exito considering it was only 9am.  I’m sure they are here for the big sale.

During my Spanish lesson, a man came by and gave us a flyer for a restaurant named Likker.  We’re thinking this is from the new owners of the old Likkes.  They reduced the price of their lunch from 7mil to 6mil.

Back at the apartment I had a 1 hour chat with representatives at magicJack.  They had me try to pay for my renewal service (again) while he watched.  Afterwards he confirmed it didn’t go through.  I suggested I use a different card, my Citibank card, but first I had to update my address then add my debit card and then try to renew but it still didn’t go through.  The only thing I noticed was that even though I gave them my debit card Security Code, when it came time to renew it said “Invalid Code” and I had to reenter it.  When I asked him about it he said “No worries” just call their billing department and explain my problem.  I said if my magicJack account was valid I would be able to call them.  He said “No worries” just use my landline.  I told him I don’t have a landline and to please stop saying “No worries”.  He then gave me a link that allowed me send an email to their billing department.  So now I’m waiting on them again.

On my way to LM I took a look at the Likkes sign and it hasn’t changed.

At Angus House I had their Hamburger Jr. Combo with small Coke for 9mil.  I stopped at Café Juan Valdez and treated myself to a medium vanilla latte for 6,100 and a slice of banana cake for 2,700.

I finished the 260 page Double-Edged Secrets and downloaded Sidney Sheldon’s 392 page Rage of Angels.

I stopped at the Avenida 80 crossover and bought a kilo of strawberries for 3mil to share with Teresa tomorrow.

Today was another warm, but not oppressively hot, day.  I don’t remember the last time it rained.

T-shirt of the day: What doesn’t kill me makes me awesome instead.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't say you inspired my move to Medellin but you did make me more comfortable doing it. Been here two weeks so far. Keep writing! - Another Gringo In Medellin

    ReplyDelete