Thursday, August 28, 2014

Thursday, August 28th, 2014



Yesterday I finished the 333 page The Lost Island by Preston & Child and downloaded the 195 page Proof of Heaven by Eben Alexander, M.D.

Last night I reviewed and corrected the inline skates catalog that Jhon was translating.  I didn’t time myself but it took an hour or so.  There were a number of things obviously in need of fixing.  He occasionally used the Spanish “y” instead of “and” and instead of stating that these skates are designed to “break” records it said to “overcome” records.  I made a lot of other changes like “Wheel of 16, 80, 84, 90, y 100” to “Wheels of 16, 80, 84, 90, and 100 mm”.  The skates are obviously not in US sizes so that still needs to be fixed.  I’ll go over it with him later this morning.

I went to bed at 11pm, got up once during the night, woke up at 6am, put on my facemask and woke/got up at 7am.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chiva.  While there Harry stopped by and of course gave me a hard time about not calling him this week.  He made me promise to call him next week.  He gave me the bad news that he and his girl friend broke up.  He said she called him several times and he didn’t answer but he claims he has had trouble with his phone.  I thought that was a flimsy excuse and she probably found someone else for a more committed relationship.

During the 2 hours of my Spanish class we finished revising the inline skates catalog.

I left the apartment at 12:35 and was at Mayorca CC by 1:30.  One problem, Deliver us from Evil that was playing yesterday at 2pm had its first showing today at 4:40.  The Chef seems to be taking its place so the choice is either that or The Tornado again, both starting at 2pm.  While I was waiting I saw a young man walk by in a Chicago Bears sweatshirt.  

Teresa arrived at 2:05 and I gave her the bad news.  Unfortunately, she selected The Tornado so I sat through it for the 2nd day in a row.  Tickets cost 14mil and I got my usual popcorn and soda and she only wanted a bag of peanuts.    This time I paid more attention to the coming attractions and the other two movies are Kingsman: The Secret Service and Jupiter Ascending (which according to IMDB aren’t scheduled for release until next February).  I waited until after the school bus scene to make my one trip to the restroom so I found out that all the kids escaped in school buses until a tree came down blocking only the heroes.  She asked me if this really happens and I told her there is an area of the US (tornado alley) that has over 200 tornados every year but not as severe as seen in the movie.  

Afterwards we had ice cream cones at Mimo’s for 8,200.  I asked her if the man came today about the shower and she told me he’s coming tomorrow.  After we finished our ice cream I looked at my watch (it was 4:15) and she must have had the same thought because she asked if I wanted to go see the other movie now.  I told her that was fine as long as it wasn’t too late for her.  She said she would ask what time the movie was to end and if it was before 7pm she would go; if it was after 7pm we would skip it.  

The ticket seller told her it ended at 6:50 so we went.  Two tickets to Deliver us from Evil cost 18mil but neither of us was interested in any more snacks.  It was nice to see a scary movie without it involving teenagers in some haunted house.  We walked out of the movie at 6:55.

We made plans to meet Saturday at my apartment between 6 and 6:30pm.  She asked me to have Chinese food ready – chicken and vegetables.  She also wants a small bottle of rum.

I was back at my apartment by 8pm.  I had a small bowl of granola for dinner.

T-shirt of the day: Think cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment