Monday, August 4, 2014

Monday, August 4th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 11:30, got up once at 4am, woke up briefly to a light rain about 5am, and woke/got up at 6:30.

I’ve been feeling a little discomfort in my right hip for the past couple months.  I’ve decided to temporarily skip one of the exercises from my M/W/F morning program – the Seated Flutter Kick – to see if it will feel better.  

I can’t find my pill container anywhere.  The last time I believe I used it was Saturday afternoon when I took a vitamin at LM.  I guess I either didn’t put it all the way back in my pocket or I left it on the table.

I started Googling the “Suicide Shower” and I found this quote:
With no true temperature control, the only way to adjust the temp is to adjust the flow of water through the heater. Turning it on full blast will produce a fairly cold shower. Turning down the volume gives the water more time to heat up on the way through. Turn it down too low and the heater will turn off — it’s a bit of a dance.  Basically, you have the choice of a stiff, cold shower or a warm, drizzly one, your call.

For breakfast I had a bowl of granola with the remainder of the strawberries from yesterday.  I had a glass of orange juice before I left which was a good thing because the usual orange juice stand at Redd’s wasn’t there today.

In Viva mall for a little study I noticed the Italian restaurant Alfredo’s is closed and covered with plastic tarps.  Not sure if they are remodeling it or there will be a new restaurant soon.

After Spanish class I stopped at my apartment and exchanged a few things.  I also washed some underwear and hung it up to dry.  

I caught a Circular Sur 303 bus; actually I was the only one on it but between its manual transmission and the driver’s braking it was real herky jerky.  As I was getting off he started leaving before I had stepped off.

For lunch at Presto in Jumbo I had their hamburger special for 10,900.  As I was leaving Jumbo I noticed their marque advertising The Expendables 3 (6.9) starring Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Dolph Lundgren, Wesley Snipes, Mel Gibson, Harrison Ford, Kelsey Grammer, Antonio Banderas, and Jet Li.  (But when I got back to the apartment their website doesn’t show they are playing this film.)  Maybe I’ll go back and check that out tomorrow.

In Home Center I checked their hot water heaters for the shower (Duchas Eléctricas) and one thing I noticed is they come in 110V and 220V.  I understand 110V is for lights and regular outlets and 220V is for large appliances like refrigerators and stoves, so first I need to find out which Teresa has in the bathroom of her finca.

About 5pm I walked over to Pizza Americana where I had my usual – a small Napolitana pizza & 600ml Pepsi for 13mil.

I went in the back way of Exito and picked up a bag of milk only to find when I got to the cashiers that the express line was longer than I had ever seen.  I found a small cart to put my milk in and got in line.  Even though there were many people there they had 5 cashiers working so I only had to wait about 10 minutes to checkout.  In the meantime I just read some more in my Nook book.

Back at the apartment later, when I took my nightly prostate pill I opened the cabinet doors all the way and there was my pill container.  Yay!

T-shirt of the day: Trying to be calm & cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment