Saturday, August 16, 2014

Saturday, August 16th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 11pm and it was almost a carbon copy of the night before.  I don’t have a reason this time unless it’s because I took my Tamsulosin so close to going to bed or maybe I didn’t take enough water with it and it didn’t have a chance to dissolve in my system.

I checked my upcoming schedule and realized I won’t be here to give Beatriz my dirty clothes Tuesday morning.  I guess I’m just going to be skipping a week but I wish I could find her to tell her.

Since I’m going to be with Teresa Sunday thru Friday I thought today would be a good day to see a movie.  Love Punch (5.9) is at Oviedo at 2pm and Haunt (5.2) at Monterrey at 3:20. 
 
I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava and then studied more Spanish.

I left at noon and bought a liter of Cookies & Cream ice cream at Exito to share with Teresa later.  While crossing the street I ran into Beatriz and told her I wouldn’t be dropping off any clothing this Tuesday.  I stopped at the apartment and left at 12:30.  

By 1:20 I was at Oviedo where I bought a ticket for 9mil to the 2pm showing of Love Punch. I bought a small popcorn and large soda for 12,100 and managed to make it through the entire show without a trip to the restroom.  There were only 4 other people in the theatre so maybe the weekends, at least in the afternoon, aren’t that busy.  But I’m sure a lot of people left town for the long weekend.

Outside the theatre I saw coming attractions for Into the Storm (6.4), Brick Mansions (5.8), and The Nut Job (5.8).

When I got out of the theatre and turned my phone back on I saw I had a call from Dario at 2:15.  Just then he called me again and said he wanted to play chess today, or later this week, but I told him I couldn’t because I am going to be with my girlfriend all week.

I took the 20-25 minutes to walk down Avenida Poblado to MBE only to find it closed.  As I was walking down to Avenida Las Vegas I passed 4 girls dressed like girl scouts; 3 of them even had neckerchiefs.

In Viva mall they have a small petting zoo set up.  I hope it will still be here the next couple days so I’ll get a chance to show it to Teresa.

I stopped at Pizza Americana and had my usual pizza.

I finished Sidney Sheldon’s 209 page The Best Laid Plans and downloaded his 225 page Tell me Your Dreams.

T-shirt of the day: Let it be - words of wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment