Friday, August 8, 2014

Friday, August 8th, 2014



Yesterday, I forgot to mention why we were at Jardín Botánico.  It was for the annual “Orquideas – Pajaros y Flores – Feria de Artesanias” (“Orchids – Birds and Flowers – Crafts Fair”).  We still have time because it’s here through August 10th although I did see it last year with Beatriz and I’m not eager to face the crowds again.  Maybe I’ll go next year with Teresa during the week – and not on a holiday.

I also forgot to mention while we were waiting for the bus to Aquacatala she was questioning me about cutting off my beard.  I was about to tell her that I would cut it off for her birthday but then I would grow it right back.  I didn’t get the chance as our bus arrived.  Darn! :)
 
Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up twice during the night, woke up at 5:30 and got up at 6am.

I checked the US movie releases and Into the Storm (6.2) sounds interesting.
Locally, Guardians of the Galaxy (8.8) is playing at Santafé at 1:50pm.  It seems like Malefica has been in town forever.

On my way to LM I noticed the juice stand wasn’t set up.  At El Comedor de Chava Andres informed me they don’t have any beans so they can’t make Calentao so I had my usual without the beans and rice and he said it’s called Sencillo which is Spanish for simple.

I stopped in exito and bought the Lubriderm that Teresa wanted and the last 3 packages of Extra gum in the store.  

At Jhon’s office he told me Carlos didn’t show up for his English lesson.  I asked him how you say “Terry Cloth robe” and he said “Una bata de toalla para mujer”.  I want to get one for Teresa for her birthday.  He told me I would probably have to go downtown to find one.

After class I exchanged some things at the apartment and took a bus to Los Molinos.  The receptionist at the barber shop told me Juan Royas isn’t working today – he would be in on Sunday and then Tuesday.  I guess I’ll have to come back on Tuesday as I’ll be with Teresa on Sunday, unless she wants to come with me.

I got on another bus and was at Santafé buying my ticket for 5mil 30 minutes before showtime.  The cashier spoke English.  

The theatre is on the 5th level (there are also 4 sub levels for parking) but there is only the theatre and a couple of entertainment stores for children.
I walked around the 4th and 3rd levels looking for a Terry cloth robe.  In Forever 21 a lady told me to turn right and go to Falabella.  It was time to return to the theatre where I bought a small popcorn with salt and a large Pepsi for 12,100.  I counted 9 others in the theatre and I only had to wait 5 minutes for them to turn down the lights.  

I drank most of the soda and managed not to have to make a trip to the restroom so maybe those special vitamins I’m taking are helping.

The movie was pretty good, especially the music.  I feel like I want to download “Hooked on a Feeling” now.

After the movie as I left the theatre I passed a young lady and I said “that was entertaining”.  She didn’t comment.  I went into the mens room and a lady was washing her hands as I headed to the urinal.  I think that makes 3 times; maybe all in this theatre.  When I came out I looked at the advertising for other movies and I was peering at one that appeared to be in French.  A young lady, probably the same one from a couple minutes ago, said she mistakenly went into that theatre and it was all in French.  We chatted a couple minutes about movies and then I said “have a nice day” and she immediately turned and left.  Maybe I was a little rude.  At least I should have asked her how her English was so good.

I went down to the 3rd level and finally found Falabella.  I asked a young lady near the entrance about where to find the robe and she said not here, to go to the 1st floor.  I took a quick look around and it mainly looked like things for the kitchen.  When I got down to the 2nd level I was surprised to see another Falabella store. This one looked like men’s clothing.  In the center of the store I finally saw escalators going up to the 3rd floor and down to the 1st floor.  On the 1st floor I walked around the women’s department but it looked like expensive women’s clothing.  I guess I’m going to have to go downtown.

On the Circular Sur 303 bus I was lucky to get a seat as soon the bus was full including in the aisles.  That young boy that hasled me with his music a few weeks ago got on and played some instrument where you drag a stick against a metal tube and he sang.  He stood next to the seats behind me which was as close to me as he could get because next to me was the turnstile.  

I was back at the apartment by 6pm.  I was going to go to Pizza Americana but then I remembered I wanted to see if I could see the Bears preseason game at Sport Wings.

I think I just saw Beatriz walk by with a nice looking young man; good for her.

I waited about 10 minutes for a bus and was at Sport Wings at 7:10.  They looked for the game on Direct TV but no luck.  I had a burger with fries and 2 Cokes for 29,204.  As I was walking out I saw 2 of my buses go by one right after the other so I had to wait 10 minutes for a bus back to my apartment.  I know I’m getting lazy when it wouldn’t have been that difficult to walk back.

I guess I’ll be back in September.

T-shirt of the day: Only cute boys allowed. (Worn by an young ugly girl on the metro.)

No comments:

Post a Comment