Monday, August 18, 2014

Monday, August 18th, 2014



Last night I finished writing and posting my blog earlier than expected and I got to bed by 10:30.  I got up at 2:30 and when I couldn’t get back to sleep I took 2 Excedrin Migraine for the discomfort behind my eyes.  I don’t think I fell asleep again until about 4:30.  I woke/got up at 8am and Teresa at 9.

I had asked my brother to see if I could use his credit card to pay my magicJack bill and this morning I finally got confirmation it worked.  Now I can call USAA and resolve the problem with my password.  (I could probably also have chatted with them if I had too.)

I invited Teresa to have breakfast out with me but I don’t think she wanted to spend the money so we just had breakfast (granola) in the apartment.

We went to Viva where I took some cash out of my ATM and I showed her a Scrabble game that Exito was selling for about 65,900.  I thought it would be good to practice my Spanish vocabulary but again she didn’t want me to spend the money so I’ll postpone that purchase for a little while.

I bought another month’s supply of Tamsolusin for 40,800 and then we selected some groceries including fixings for ham sandwiches.

All of a sudden Teresa felt she needed something to eat.  She couldn’t find anything appropriate in the store so we paid for our things and then we stopped at Juan Valdez where we each had a cup of coffee and shared a croissant for 9,600.

Back at the apartment she washed all the leaves of my largest plant (#1 in the pictures I sent before) of the fungus it has had for the last few weeks and replaced some of the dirt that I could now see also had the fungus.

We decided we would leave for the finca about 4pm.  I’m sure traffic will be heavy later as people return to the city from the fincas.

T-shirt of the day: Today looks like Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment