Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Wednesday, August 13th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up once during the night, woke up at 6, and got up at 6:40.

When I turned on my cell phone I had a text message from Claro (my cell service) that Teresa called me at 8:21 last night.  I think I turned off my cell phone about 7:30 to save my batteries.  I think that’s the 2nd night in a row that has happened.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava and at 9:13 Teresa called me.  I apologized for not receiving her call last night.  She asked why and I said because I turned off my cell phone.  She asked why and I said because I wanted to save my batteries but I told her I wouldn’t turn off my cell phone again until at least 9pm at night.

I had an orange juice at Redd’s just before my Spanish class.

After class I dropped some things off at the apartment and then had the chicken teriyaki at Sarku’s.  I stopped in Exito and a lady there helped me find the women’s terry cloth bathrobes.  (I expected them to be in the women’s department, I never would have looked for them by the bath towels.)  They were only 55mil but I wish they were a little plusher.  

I went to the internet cafĂ© where I printed out a copy of the Chicago Bears schedule I made in Spanish for Teresa and 2 photos of my closets.  I’m going to give the latter to Teresa as an approximation of some dimensions for the closet with shelves on both sides instead of just one side like I have now.

Since I was in the neighborhood I stopped at Paisa Pan and had a churro and Colombiana for 2,100 pesos.

Back at the apartment I found the EPM bills.  Mine were 20,572 for water and sewer, 18,388 for garbage pickup, 27,371 for electricity, and 5,715 for gas.  The total comes to 98,483.  The Une bill for my Wi-Fi wasn’t there so I knocked on 201 but I understood the lady doesn’t have it but at least now she knows I’m looking for it.

At 4pm the lady from downstairs rang my bell and handed me my Une bill.  They have my name on it but her apartment number which is why she got it.  I know it’s mine because I only have Internet and she has TV, etc.  This bill came to 72,964.

As usual I plan on paying my bills right away – tomorrow.  I decided I should start using my Citibank card since I have only a little money left on my USAA card.  When I went to get my Citibank card it wasn’t in either of the two places I expected.  I know I hid it somewhere with my passport but I can’t remember where but I’m sure it will come to me shortly.

About 15 minutes later I found it.  Whew!

For dinner I made a waffle.

I used my iPad until the battery completely died.  This has happened many times before so I just plugged it in to recharge it.  What was different is that after a few minutes I can usually use it while it is recharging.  This time when I open the cover (which is supposed to automatically turn on the device I saw nothing.  Hours later I removed the cover and manually tried to turn it on and at least I saw the Apple logo so I’m encouraged that things will be ok in the morning.  Last time I had trouble with it on July 3rd Jhon and I went to the Mac Center in Viva and a man there was able to fix it.  I may be there again tomorrow.

It started raining again about 8:30.



Every night this week, about 8:15 or 8:30, you can see the shadows of people dancing in a house across the street and you can hear their loud music.  About 9:30 a group of 12 to 14 of them have their last dance in the middle of the street.


T-shirt of the day: All roads lead to here.

No comments:

Post a Comment