Thursday, August 14, 2014

Thursday, August 14th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up once during the night, woke/got up at 7:10.

This morning my iPad is working and fully charged but maybe when I got the message “5% battery remaining” I shouldn’t have clicked on “Dismiss”, I should have plugged it in right away instead.

I took my Citibank card with me but got an “Invalid Transaction” message when I tried to withdraw cash from my usual Davivienda ATM machine.  Luckily, it did work in the ATH machine.  Whew!

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava.  In Exito I paid my EPM and Une bills.

Today is an unusually cool day.  Actually it isn’t cool it just isn’t hot but it is a nice change.

Jhon told me he’s going to Bogota for the long weekend but he should be back in time for my Tuesday morning class.

After my Spanish class I went back to the apartment and took a short 30 minute siesta.  See, you do know some Spanish!

Teresa called at 1:30.  She asked if I’m going to see a movie today and I said no but I’m going to see a Chicago Bears game tonight at 7pm.  She reminded me she would see me this weekend and I asked her when she’s coming and she said she would send me an email.  I told her I just sent her one (with some information and questions).  For one, I understand next Monday is a holiday here so I want to know if she will be spending the long weekend with me.

For lunch I had a whopper and 16 oz Pepsi at BK for 8,900.  My “girlfriend” that speaks English was there and it seemed like she made a special point to serve me.

I studied some more Spanish for a couple hours.

Tonight the Bears are playing at 7pm so I’m going to have dinner at Patrick’s and it will either be an early night or a late night (with them) depending on whether they can show the game.

I’m leaving in just a few minutes – at 5:45.

T-shirt of the day: You only live once.

No comments:

Post a Comment