Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Wednesday, August 6th, 2014



Last night I watched Blended with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore.  This DVD also didn’t have a settings option but it was in English with Spanish and Japanese subtitles.  But the sound was so low I could barely hear it.

I went to bed at 11pm, got up once about 1:30 when I was awakened by rain, woke up at 5:45 and got up at 6:30am.

At 7:30 this morning I received an email from Cuponatic Medellin, probably because I gave my email address to Cupon Mania yesterday.  It looks very much like Groupon with a variety of offers.  The most interesting were 1st, online English classes discounted 89% - 39,990COP instead of 365,000, 2nd, raise your buttocks discounted 78% - 65,990 instead of 300,000, and 3rd, erotic strip dice for 9,900.  Imagine this picture of the latter:  A man is lying on a bed only in his underwear staring at a woman with a nice figure standing in the right foreground wearing nylons and a garter belt.  You see her from behind from mid thigh to waist.  The product is in a package in the left foreground and all I see are 2 pair of dice with “!” on one and “?” on the other.  When I clicked the “See More” button I could see one side of one dice had “kiss” and the other dice had “neck” so I guess one dice contains verbs and the other nouns.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava followed by an orange juice at Redd’s.

After Spanish class I went back to my apartment and took a nap from 12:45 to 1:45.

At 2pm I had a bowl of cereal.

At 2:30 Teresa called; she wants me to meet her for lunch in Parque Envigado.  I told her I would meet her there about 3:30 and I would call her if I don’t see her.

I walked past the Envigado Exito at 3:30 and after a climb of a steep hill 10 minutes later I was at Parque Envigado.  The west end is closed off and under construction and a sign says the work will be ongoing for 10 months.
I found Teresa and Laura at the restaurant across the street.  They had already had, and paid for, their lunch and I wasn’t hungry so I just had 2 strawberry juices with milk while I cooled down.

I asked Teresa where she wanted to go next and she said an artist’s exhibition at Majorca CC.  She asked me if I knew of this place and I said yes which really surprised her.  She asked how and I said I saw a movie there with another woman.  She asked who and when and I said I couldn’t remember her name but it was probably last March.  (I just checked and it was Liliana (Salem) and it was May 23rd.)

We walked a block and caught a bus which took us right to Majorca CC (which is connected to the Itagui metro station).

There were a number of booths set up in the hallways where people were selling their wares and there were also a lot of free tastes of different food items.  There was one man who displayed a lot of oil paintings of men apparently delivering bags of coffee on horseback.

After we walked around both levels when we got to the 3rd level there was the movie theatre.  Teresa asked at the box office and the next show with subtitles was Transformers at 10pm.  It was now 5:15pm so we wisely decided to skip that.  Lol.

We found a Mimo’s and we each had a cone for a total of 12,300 which allowed me to get some change for my 50mil bill.

We sat around after we finished and just people watched.  Teresa told me she believes the voltage in the bathroom is 220V but I think I should wait until she’s a little surer of herself.  I told her to email me so I know better what details she’s trying to tell me.

She told me she should be at my apartment tomorrow at 10am.

We said our goodbyes about 6pm and I caught a Circular 303 bus at 6:35.  It was rush hour and I was about the last one to have a standing room only spot.  Traffic was heavy and finally some people started getting off and after 35 minutes I finally got a seat.  I was back at Viva by 7:25.

I called Jhon and cancelled my Spanish class for tomorrow.  I’m sure we’ll have better things to do.

I had another bowl of cereal for dinner.

T-shirt of the day: You are absolutely, totally, and completely perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment