Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunday, August 17th, 2014



Last night Teresa called me at 9:30 to tell me we are meeting today at 10am instead of 9am.  (I thought 9am was going to be too early for everyone.)

I went to bed at 11pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 4:30, was awakened at 5:30 by a few fireworks, and finally got up at 6:15.

I had a bowl of cereal and left the apartment at 8:45.  I had to wait about 15 minutes for a bus but was still downtown way early.  I walked 2 blocks south to near the San Antonio station and looked at all the hats for sale.  I was hoping to find a Chicago Bears hat but no luck.  I think they had everything else including Tom & Jerry, and Wiley Coyote and the Road Runner.

I walked back to Parque Berrio and took the next train to Acevedo.  I got there about 10 minutes early and Teresa and Laura joined me just after 10am.  She explained that Wilson and Marta won’t be joining us; something about Cali and business.

While we were on the metro cable I learned that Laura has been to Parque Arvi before; something about high school.

As soon as we reached the park we each had a cup of strawberries with lechera and arquipe on top.

We showed Laura the hotel we had discovered and then we took her to the zipline.  She has never done that before.  I went first and when I got to the other side there’s this thing like a punching bag turned sideways to stop you but I hit it and rebounded back over the lake.  They had to send this line over to me for me to grab so they could haul me back in.

We had a nice lunch there; 2 pieces of breaded chicken, rice, fruit salad, a potato and juice for 12,900 each.  

We sat down for a while and just chilled out for a couple hours.

We took a chiva bus there but it filled up before we could get on it for the trip back so we took a regular bus.  It too was standing room only.

We said goodbye to Laura at Parque Berrio where we got off and she continued on to Envigado as she’s staying at Wilson’s apartment.

I didn’t take many pictures but at least you can get a better idea what Laura looks like.  She’s a pretty girl.






I put a couple frozen lasagnas in the microwave for supper for the 2 of us.
She went to bed at 10:15 and myself at 11pm.


Tomorrow I’m going to the finca so I’m not sure when I’m going to be posting next.  Probably not until the weekend.

T-shirt of the day: My feet hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment