Saturday, August 23, 2014

Friday, August 22nd, 2014



Last night we went to bed at 11pm and while I fell asleep quickly, after I made my first trip to the bathroom I had trouble getting back to sleep because of the itching on my arms.  I couldn’t stop thinking about their being bugs in the bed or the pajamas Teresa gave me to wear.  After a while I figured out that couldn’t be the case because there aren’t any bites on my trunk – only my arms, legs, and neck.

In the morning she told me it was the “zancudos” which wasn’t in my dictionary but later I translated into “mosquitoes”.

I got her to make the following agreement that when it got dark: no more my being outside the finca, she would close the windows and I would put on a long sleeved shirt.  (I’m finally going to get to wear those beautiful new long sleeved shirts I bought back in the States and seldom had the chance to wear because it’s usually to hot in Medellin.)

At 4pm she walked me down to the road and in 10 minutes I was on a bus to Aguacatala.

I was back at my apartment by 5:30 and I left at 7:45 for Patrick’s Irish Pub.  I was there by 8:50 after 2 bus rides for 2 mil each.  I had to wait for the NE Patriots game was over to free up a TV set and then Patrick put the game on and the Bears were already down 7-0.  At halftime the Bears were down 31-0.  I had their Irish Meatloaf, which was pretty good, with a Coke and the bill came to 30,800.  After paying my bill I left not (just) because the Bears were getting mauled, or that the guy at the end of the bar made it obvious he was rooting for Seattle, but mainly because the music was so loud at times I was forced to put my fingers in my ears during certain songs.  (I don’t think Teresa is going to like that so I’m going to have to rethink where we will see the late weekend games.  She has Direct TV but I think I will probably need to pay extra for a Sports lineup.)   For a 12mil taxi ride I was back at my apartment by 11pm.

We decided to meet tomorrow at 7pm at the restaurant across from Parque Envigado and then go to Mu in Parque Lleras for dinner.  Remember that while they serve a number of different drinks they only serve ribs and fries.  I’m thinking that will cost me less than 50mil for the two of us and I plan to surprise her by going somewhere for a while for a drink.  

T-shirt of the day: The world’s tired of hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment