Saturday, August 30, 2014

Saturday, August 30th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10:45, woke up several times during the night but never got up and fell back asleep quickly.  I woke at 6:15 and got up at 7am.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava.  While studying my Spanish Harry arrived and told me again how much he misses having female companionship (excluding his wife, I guess).  He wants me to call him on Monday and tell him which afternoon I will be coming over to see his new apartment – or maybe it’s his office.

I emailed Margarita telling alerting her to the fact that all the downstairs lights are out until you get to the 2nd floor landing.  I also recommended that she sign up for ExpatExchange.com – Colombia and advertise the apartments here.  She responded that she did and there is a policeman from the US interested in one of the apartments.  Also the realtor is coming today at 3pm to show the downstairs apartment.

I left about 12:30 and stopped in Exito and bought a small bottle of 8 year old Medellin rum for 22mil (Teresa’s request).  I had to wait in line about 20 minutes to pay for it and then the express lines were so crowded I didn’t wait around to buy the other things I needed.

For lunch I had my usual pizza at Pizza Americana.

I finished the 195 page Proof of Heaven by Eben Alexander, M.D.  It is a book that I believe everyone should read, and will benefit from, especially those who have a fear or death.

I downloaded the 224 page Escape from Camp 14: One Man’s Remarkable Odyssey from North Korea to Freedom in the West.

At 3:15 I showed my apartment to a couple from Brazil.  The lady spoke Portuguese, Spanish, and English.  

I added a review of Patrick’s Irish Pub to TripAdvisor.

I received an email from Teresa.  She says her teacher wants her to get her paintings out of his studio so she asked if she can store them here until the man comes to pick up my plants.  I agreed and then received another email. She now expects to arrive between 6:30 and 7pm.

T-shirt of the day: We all can eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment