Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Tuesday, August 5th, 2014



Last night I watched the Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit DVD on my laptop.  There was no settings menu but it did default to English audio with Spanish subtitles.

At 10pm I was feeling a little hungry and afraid I might wake up in the middle of the night so I had a bowl of granola.  Mistake!  

I went to bed at 11pm, and woke up at 2:30 with heartburn.  I took 2 of my small Tums and went back to bed but there was no immediate relief.  I took 2 more, stayed up 30 minutes and this time I was able to quickly get back to sleep.  I woke up at 6:20 and got up at 6:50 feeling pretty good.

I dropped off my dirty laundry at the corner store with Beatriz.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava and at one point Lucas paid me the ultimate compliment that now I am Colombiano.  Lol.

I noticed that Pasabocas Krocantes is becoming more Arabian.  They still have the large store name out front but inside there is a smaller sign that says “Pasabocas Krocantes – Shawarmas y Krocantes comida Arabe” or “Crunchy Snacks – Shawarmas and crispy Arabian food”.  Here is Wikipedia’s description:
Shawarma is a Levantine meat preparation, where lamb, chicken, turkey, beef, veal, or mixed meats are placed on a spit (commonly a vertical spit in restaurants), and may be grilled for as long as a day. Shavings are cut off the block of meat for serving, and the remainder of the block of meat is kept heated on the rotating spit. Although it can be served in shavings on a plate (generally with accompaniments), shawarma also refers to a sandwich or wrap made with shawarma meat.  It is akin to the Turkish Greek Gyros.

I also see they occasionally have baklava:
Baklava is a rich, sweet pastry made of layers of filo filled with chopped nuts and sweetened and held together with syrup or honey.

One of these days I will probably try those, meaning Shawarma and Baklava.  I’d better not wait long as they might go out of business soon and I wouldn’t have a chance to try them.  They also have smaller pictures of their food, half are Colombian snacks and half are things Arabian.

I bought a couple packages of Granola in Exito.  

At one point during my Spanish class Jhon paid me the ultimate compliment – he said I’m Colombiano now.  Wow, twice in one morning! Lol.  I mentioned that Teresa is coming over tomorrow night and on Thursday we are going to the bird & flower exhibit at Medellin’s botanical garden.  He told me Thursday is a holiday.  (That makes sense as Teresa won’t have to get her daughter Laura off to school.)  I asked him what they are celebrating and he said it is Inaugaration Day for the President (still Santos).

After Spanish class I went back to the apartment and had a bowl of granola.

I checked Exito’s coupon website www.CuponMania.com.  I clicked on Discount Coupons, selected the hamburger (and beer) offer, entered my email address and clicked on the Receive button and it took me to an offer for a “motel for 4 hours at a 50% discount – 31,990 instead of 64mil” which expires in 2 days and 10 hours.  When I clicked on “see more” I found (after running it through Google Translate):
What the Discount About?

Sexuality plays an important role in the relationship, experts say the pleasure it generates is helpful in physical and emotional health of human beings. Sex transcendental influences how good understanding and stability of relationships.

Motel Los Dos Cuponatic and invite you to a night of madness; sharing intimate moments in a romantic and cozy atmosphere, where in the company of your partner will be able to recreate his most secret fantasies.

includes:

Couple getaway for 4 hours in Room Special Gift + erotic.

Description:

Accommodation for 4 hours in special type room with private garage, LCD TV, mini stereo, mini bar service, power shower, bath and erotic chair.

Escape
with family and surrender to pleasure!

Follow them on Facebook and meet all their promotions and services.

Clear Rules
Coupon valid for in Romance Getaway for 4 hours + erotic Gift Special Room in Motel Los Dos.
Coupons available: 200.
Coupon valid until 19 September.
The room is subject to availability at the time of the visit.
The coupon only applies Monday to Saturday. Saturday only until 11 am, no exceptions.
The garage room is subject to availability, additional motel offers a restaurant and a sex shop. The publicity photos are for reference and may vary.
Not combinable with other promotions or accumulate.
The extra hour is worth $ 13,000.
Does not apply to minors.
Subject to availability at the time of the visit.
Necessary to present the printed coupon, otherwise the service is rendered.
Maximum redemption: 1 coupon per break and you can buy all you want.
Now you can pay in CASH at any Baloto in your city. Follow the instructions at the time of Buy and choose the method of payment.
Buy and gives all you want!
Very interesting!  (It kind of sounds like a Groupon.)  I’ve heard of the Love Hotels here but I have yet to see one.

Yesterday I left Jumbo about 1:30 and the Carrefour theatre had yet to open.  I’m guessing they probably open 5 or 10 minutes before their first show of the day.  I plan to go there today between 5 and 6pm and if they are open: find out if, and when, The Expendables 3 is playing and is it with Spanish subtitles?  If the timing is right I will see it tonight.  If not then maybe I can see it tomorrow before Teresa arrives.

I took a short nap from about 2:15 to 3:15.

Teresa called me at 10 minutes to 5pm.  I understood she wasn’t going to be able to meet me at my apartment tomorrow night.  Something about Laura but she would be here early on Thursday.  I wonder what early means.
I left the apartment at 5pm and got on the first Circular Sur 303 bus.  I paid my fare, received my change, put it away and just stood there.  I think the bus driver wondered what was going on.  The bus was so herky jerky I didn’t want to move for fear of landing on my face.  Finally I edged my way to a seat towards the back as it was nearly full.

I got off across from Makro and Home Center and the next challenge was crossing San Juan (Calle 44) in rush hour.  It seems like the cross street at the light ahead never empties into this main street so it cycles between left turn has right of way and straight ahead traffic.  I had to work my way between 2 cars in the left turn lane, wait until the main road cleared and then run for my life.

Entering Jumbo I noticed the marque showed The Expendables 3 is playing in theatre number 3.  Today the theatre was open and I checked their electric marque but it didn’t list the movie I wanted.  I asked the cashier what’s playing in theatre #3 and she said Africa 3D.  I could see what movies were playing on her computer screen but it didn’t have what I was looking for.  

In their food court I stopped at Tacos & Bar BQ and ordered the ribs but the lady said they didn’t have it so I ordered the Pollo Pechuga Bar-BQ (Chicken breast) and it came with a small salad and fries and I got a large Coke for 21,100.  It was a large hunk of tasty meat.

I wanted to get back to my apartment before dark so after I finished eating I went out to San Juan and waited for my bus.  In the direction I was looking for my bus there was a young lady (30?) on a motorcycle, helmet already on, apparently adjusting something (her hair maybe).  I stared at her and she stared at me and we traded smiles as she rode off.  She was in a pink sweatershirt and bluejeans with sandals.  Just then my bus arrived and I got on and took a seat on the left side next to the window in front.  I could see she had stopped about 100 feet ahead of the bus.  We passed her and she must have passed us again because at the next stoplight I saw her stopped on the other side of the road heading in the opposite direction.  Again she seemed to be adjusting some things on her motorcycle.  I stared at her through the open window and just before she took off she looked directly at me and smiled.  End of story!

The bus stopped in the usual place where everyone gets off and gets on another bus but I guess the other was full as it soon left and we waited for people to get on our bus from a newly arriving one.

I got off at my usual stop and walking down the street there was a young lady in short shorts walking ahead of me and the front view must have looked just as nice as my view as men would walk past her and do a double take.

I was back at my apartment by 6:30.

I’ve started complementing my Spanish classes with Jhon with Synergy Spanish, Rosetta Stone, and something on my iPad called Duolingo.

T-shirt of the day: Sorry boys, I’m taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment