Saturday, August 23, 2014

Tuesday, August 19th, 2014



Yesterday, on the way to the bus stop I noticed someone playing soccer in a Devin Hester 23 jersey.  

At 5:45 we caught a Fredonia bus which should be faster because it takes the highway instead of going through Caldas.  Traffic was still heavy and we waited without moving for 10 minutes at one intersection.  Teresa said it was because of the “puente”, which means bridge, but I discovered later it also refers to the extra holiday (today) that connects the weekend to the regular week.  I was thinking this would be a great place for a stoplight.  When we finally got going again I could see there was a policeman near the intersection.  Maybe he is the one who finally stopped traffic in the other direction allowing us to proceed.  It took us an hour and 15 minutes to get there.

When we passed the La Ranchera restaurant near her finca she told me her cousin owns it along with 5 other restaurants.

Because it was dark and raining slightly we missed our stop and had to walk back up the road about a block to the dirt road entrance.  (I’m thinking it would be a good idea to put up a glow-in-the-dark sign near the entrance.)
Teresa made us a ham sandwich with her Oster sandwich maker and a strawberry juice.

We played a few games of Parcheesi.  It’s been a long time since I played it but we still had very close games.

Monday night I went to bed at 11pm, got up once at 1am, woke up at 8am and got up at 9:30.

She has Direct TV and she put on the Today show which was nice.

I looked at her circuit breakers and each one is marked “120/240V” so I’m still not sure what voltage the bathroom uses.  (In the US appliances like a refrigerator or furnace usually have their own double circuit so it’s obvious but I didn’t see that here.)  I think the easiest thing might be to buy one of each of the hot water heaters and then see if Teresa can return the unneeded one.

I found the best spot to put my chess table and Teresa has a thick table cloth I can put on it and most of the time use it as my computer table possibly with one of my plastic chairs.  The lighting isn’t very good in her finca (she only has a few 26W fluorescent bulbs) and I decided I would pay someone to put in a light fixture above it but maybe I can use a standing table lamp next to it.

I’m still trying to figure out the dog’s names.  What I understand right now the mother is Luna and the others are her children: Tony, Peter, and macho embra (or something like that).

We watched Dr. 90210 which was interesting.

In the afternoon it started raining and actually turned cold.

Teresa made us an arepa with avocado and ham slices that was surprisingly tasty.

I have a few what look like mosquito bites on my arms and legs.  It couldn’t be bed bugs could it?  They are pretty itchy.

We played more Parcheesi, for 1mil a game, and at the end of the night I had 3mil and she still owed me 1mil.

T-shirt of the day: It’s not going to lick itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment