Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Tuesday, August 12th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 11:15, got up once during the night, woke up at 5:30 and got up at 6:30.

There seems to be a pattern with the weather the last few days – slightly cloudy but dry days with rain at night.  This is a little cooler than usual morning.

I had my usual at Los Mejores, picked up my laundry from Beatriz, ordered lunch from Likkes, and had an orange juice at Redd’s.

I stopped at Jhon’s office to remind him that I wouldn’t be in class today but it was closed.

Olga arrived on time at 9am.

I forgot to tell the lady at Likkes what time I wanted lunch delivered and it hadn’t arrived by 12:25 so I called and had Olga talk to them.  I understood our lunches should be here soon.

At 12:30 there was some chanting outside and about 8 young men in bluejeans and red t-shirts carrying black garbage bags came down the street selling what looked like packages of cookies.  I said no thanks.  They kept talking to me, I didn’t understand a word, and I said no thanks.  After they were all gone one more guy came down the street and I again told him no thanks.  A woman came walking down the street and he went over to her and started giving her the hard sell.  

Lunch arrived at 12:35 and Olga left at 1:15.

I walked by Jhon’s office about 1:30 and it was still closed – or maybe just closed for lunch.  I took a bus to Los Molinos where I got a haircut from Juan Rojas.  I took a look at the selection of shower hot water heaters in Home Center there but this location had fewer choices than the one on Calle 44 by Makro and Jumbo.

I got off the bus early on the way back and had a warm fresh churro and a Colombiana for 2,400.

I took a nap from 4:30 to 5:30.

I finished Sidney Sheldon’s 255 page Nothing Lasts Forever and downloaded his 209 page The Best Laid Plans.

I’ve been going through the Spanish lessons on the Duolingo App on my iPad.

For dinner I had a bowl of cereal.

T-shirt of the day: No animal testing on this shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment