Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday, August 15th, 2014



Last night I got off the bus by the Poblado Metro Station by 6:25, walked up the hill and was at Patrick’s Irish Sports Pub in Parque Lleras by 6:45.  (I noticed the old Aloha restaurant that was across the street is now something called Picnic.)  This being my first time there this new football season I noticed a few changes: new ceiling fans, the waitresses now wear cute little kilts, and they have new menus.  Meatloaf is now on their menu and they call it rollo de carne.  Interesting.  I thought what Teresa was making was something more like sausage but maybe it was meatloaf.

There were way too many penalty flags that slowed down the game.  At the end of the 1st quarter the screen froze and they had to refresh it and I noticed they use First Row Sports for their feed.  The Bears special teams sucked the whole game and they were losing 19-7 at the end of the 3rd quarter but they pulled it out in the last minute for a 20-19 victory.  It was nice to have a win but next week’s game is the most important of the preseason.

I had their Fish & Chips and 2 cokes for a total of 36,300 including tip and tax.  I did find it unusual I was charged 3mil for an additional salsa which was just ketchup (salsa de tomate).

I chatted a bit with Patrick as I was leaving and he asked me if I would give him a review on Trip Advisor and I promised I would.

I easily caught a taxi home for 11,500 pesos and I gave the driver a 500 peso tip.  I was home by 10:35.

I went to bed at 11:15, it took a while to fall asleep, I got up several times during the night and finally woke/got up at 7:40.

Teresa sent me an email at 10:25 last night and this is how Google Translate made sense of it and after I cleaned it up a little:
I say what time is the meeting on August 20, at 3:00 pm! What the Mantel quiet we bought in Exito.

See you on Sunday to go to Arvi Park, Laura wants to go with us what do you think, she climbs to the apartment in Envigado, and I wake up with you in your apartment.

Now you tell me you want to do another program.
I understand most of it but I don’t know what she means by “Mantel” or “another program” but maybe Jhon can help with the translation later.

In today’s US movie releases I would like to see The Expendables 3 (6.3) and The Giver (7.0) sounds interesting.

Locally, there is Love Punch (5.9) at Oviedo at 2pm and Haunt (5.2) at Monterrey at 3:20.  I think I’ll see one this afternoon and the other next week.

On IMDB.com I saw an advertisement for something called Amazon Instant Video which I see includes Roger Ebert’s Life Itself.  I’m going to have to check that out later.

Because I got up late I had a bowl of cereal in the apartment and just before 10am I added 10mil each to Teresa and my cell phones at the corner store.  

At the beginning of my Spanish class I tried calling Teresa but I don’t think her phone was on.  I tried again at noon and this time was able to reach her. 
I had asked her in my email about buying a table cloth for my chess table and that is what she meant by “mantel” and she said we can buy one in Exito.  When she mentioned “another program” she was asking if I have “other plans”.

She said she is going to be in Envigado cleaning her mother’s apartment today and since she will be done by 4pm I said I would meet her and we would go get something to eat.  

Sunday we will meet at 9am at the Acevedo metro station and go from there to Parque Arvi with Laura.  I told her I would bring her hat.

Back at my apartment I had another bowl of cereal and then took a nap for about an hour.

I left at 3pm and was at her mother’s apartment in Envigado by just before 4.  She gave me a fresh cold glass of mango juice to help me cool down from my walk.  We went over to her brother’s bar – Bocados Bar - for a while.  I understand “bocados” means “bite, morsel, bit, mouthful, or nibble”.  

I thought Teresa told me she got bit on the head by a bat but after I looked up “avispa” later I saw that it was a “wasp”.

We talked to Wilson and his girlfriend Marta about joining us to go to Parque Arvi on Sunday.  We all are going to meet at the Acevedo metro station at 9am. We talked about visiting Mu again for their ribs Sunday night but I see now it’s only open Thursday thru Saturdays from 6pm to midnight.

I tried to tell her that my brother sells cheese but not on the street.  He only takes orders from businesses.  She can talk to him more about it when he comes to visit again next year.  Of course she wants him to bring samples because she loves cheese.

Teresa wants me to spend the week with her at her finca and I agreed so I called Jhon and told him I wouldn’t be available for Spanish lessons next week.

We walked up to our usual restaurant across from Parque Envigado and I had the pork shish kebab and she had the chicken.  It comes with salad and a baked potato (but with milk cream which was similar to butter) and I had a Mr. Tea and she had a juice.  I don’t remember exactly how much it cost because I gave her 50 mil and she paid for it while I went to the restroom.

We walked to the metro where she catches a bus and I take the train.  I was back home by 9:15.

T-shirt of the day: No shame in my game.

No comments:

Post a Comment