Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Wednesday, August 27th, 2014



Last night I closed the bedroom louvers and blinds and, since the mutt across the street was yapping, also the bedroom door and went to bed at 11pm.  I got up once and since it was quiet I left the bedroom door open.  I woke/got up at 6:30 and did my morning exercises.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava but the orange juice stand was closed by the time I got there.  

During the course of my Spanish class Jhon mentioned the translation work he did for a sales brochure for inline skates.  I took a look at it and after a few minutes I found a few things that could have been worded better but the biggest problem was that he misspelled “design” as “desing” and after first referring to “ball bearings” thereafter he referred to them as “balls” and I told him that that wouldn’t work for English speakers.

I asked him to send it to me and I would take a look at it tonight to see if I see anything else obviously incorrect.

I left the apartment at 12:23 and after a bus and metro ride I was at Mayorca CC 40 minutes early to see In the Tornado (Spanish title) or Into the Storm (US title) at 2pm.  I walked around the mall and was back by 1:45 but now had to wait in line about 15 minutes.  This isn’t the usual Cine Colombia theatres I usually frequent it’s a Procinal theatre.  My general ticket cost me only 4,500COP but a medium popcorn cost me 8,600 and a large soda 5,100; their sizes are smaller and more expensive.   

When I entered the theatre at 2:05 it was pitch black so I waited at the bottom of the stairs until my eyes got used to the dark.  I could only guess as to which seat was mine but at least no one else was in the theatre.  Five minutes later an usher came in and turned on the house lights and the film started 2 minutes later.  First there was a Colombian short about San Antonio and then 4 coming attractions but I only remember Cannibal (which IMDB says is In Development) and Lucy

The movie was pretty good with some interesting special affects but at one point a school’s students are huddled down in its emergency shelter but the “storm chasers” and principal come in and, with “the largest tornado ever recorded” heading down on them, force the students out to hide under the school buses.  What?  That’s when I made a quick trip to the bathroom and when I got back I don’t know what happened to the students but the others were hiding underground in a storm drain.

When the metro arrived in Aquacatala there appeared to be only me and another man wanting to get off but about 10 people wanting to get on.  Here they don’t wait until people get off first or even keep to the right, they just shove their way on so I shoved my way off and I heard one woman say “senor!” as I stepped on her foot.  Sorry, lady.

I was back at the apartment by 5pm.

I had a bowl of cereal for dinner.

T-shirt of the day: God Save the Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment