Saturday, July 27, 2024

Friday, July 26, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

Troyclough resigned our game on the 28th move, increasing my rating to 1594.

Teresa left at 8am for her gym class. I met her in the porteria at 9:30 and we took her taxi to the Pricesmart in Poblado. We bought 957,581 pesos ($237) of groceries (including Butterball turkey breasts, yay!) shared a salad in their cafeteria for lunch and were back at the apt by noon.

I left the apt at 12:45 and had a latte in Los PorteƱos. I noticed Chris Cajoleas smoking a cigar and talking to someone on his cellphone at the farthest concrete table in front of me. When he finished, he came over and I learned:

1.  He’s got 65 cigars (and a t-shirt) being shipped here and he’s wondering what the tax will be if it’s valued over $200. I called Glenn and he said it’s 19%.

2.  Since his original tejo location burned down he’s it’s a challenge finding another suitable location.

He left and I left at 5pm and returned to the apt.

Teresa wants to go to the castle museum tomorrow, she thinks something is going on there but she isn’t sure what. Google tells me they are open from 10am to 5pm.

I spent most of the rest of the evening watching news stations.

Daniel texted me requesting we change my 9am haircut tomorrow to 9:30. No problem!

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment