Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Monday, July 29, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:15.

A year and a half ago my brother brought me 2 small containers of lemon juice. I just finished the first one today. 😊

Teresa left at 8am for her gym class.

My last Amazon package is still late for delivery but it is in the Miami distribution center. Later I saw it’s been there since Wednesday, July 17th. I texted Jose for advise and he suggested I call them.

I left the apt at 10am and walked to the mall, where I recycled a few things. Walking down the hallway toward the metro I saw this sign for IKEA.



I continued on to the Envigado station where I quickly caught a metro car. I got off at exposiciones station and went downstairs where I was on an airport but after a 5-minute wait. The fee was 15,500 pesos and I was at the airport by noon. Jim’s flight that was scheduled to arrive at 1:15 was now scheduled to arrive at 12:57. I stopped at the Pergamino café where I had a latte (awful) and granola with yogurt (pretty good).



I tried several ATMs and finally got a Servibanca to work for me, withdrawing 600,000 pesos ($154) for a charge of 22,500 pesos.

Upstairs in one of the restaurants I watched Jim’s plane land. Back downstairs I waited an hour for Jimmy to come out. Carlos was waiting nearby the entire time.

We went across the street and Carlos soon picked us up. I guess Jim’s suitcase was too large for his trunk as he put it in the front seat and we sat in back.

I learned from Carlos that the restaurant Sweet Georgia has closed. I paid Carlos 130mil for the trip and another 375mil for 3 tickets to Wednesday night’s Atletico Nacional soccer game.

He dropped us off at the Los Patios on Carrera 43E. Jimmy got checked in and his room reminds me of the room that Laura & Peter had at the other location.

We had burgers at Philly Steaks then I walked him to the Exito on Calle 10 so he could purchase a few things. I said goodbye to Jimmy and ordered a Didi to return me to my apt.

I lost a game to Troyclough dropping my rating to 1579.

Carlos called and informed me that the soccer match is tomorrow night not Wednesday. I left a text message for Jimmy but he’s probably already sleeping.

I finished reading Lee Child’s The Enemy, Jack Reacher #8.

 

DEALING WITH ENTITLED & RUDE PEOPLE



No comments:

Post a Comment