Friday, July 12, 2024

Thursday, July 11, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once at 6am, finally waking/getting up at 8am.

At noon I ordered an Uber and our driver was there before us but he was on the other side of the street. I’m tired of chasing after them so I texted him we’re on the other side of the street. He drove across the street and when I got in and found he spoke good English I questioned why they always stop on the other side. He explained how Uber’s mapping isn’t as good as Waze or Google Maps. Manuel’s originally from Belize and lives nearby with his Colombian wife and 2 children but they lived in South Carolina for 10 years.

In El Tesoro we went straight to Valentina’s where we each had a latte and shared a chicken sandwich. Teresa thought she saw a friend at the entrance so when she walked away Teresa called her and she returned. Her name is Vicky (we needed another Vicky ) and they talked for a while then she had to leave for a doctor’s appointment. The check was 55,722 pesos.

Teresa found a nice pair of walking shoes in Skechers for 389,900 pesos ($98).

We were hanging out on a sofa just passing time. Dr. Carolina walked nearby and we waved to each other. This little girl sat nearby with a cotton candy almost as big as she was:


Vicky came by again and we invited her for coffee.

We took a table outside the café this time: I had a latte, Teresa had an aromatica (fancy tea) and Vicky had an Americano for 31,685 pesos.

They said goodbye and we went down to Carulla for a few groceries. I overheard 3 young men from India (Indians?) asking a worker for beer. I said, “cerveza”, at the same time as one of the others who must have translated it. Our groceries cost 137,512 pesos and instead of plastic bags they were selling those large bags. We certainly didn’t need another one to add to our “collection” so Teresa took her shoes out of the fancy bag and we packed our groceries in it.

We quickly caught a taxi back to the apt for 18mil.

I completed another lesson of my Noel Studer chess course.

I watched the Biden press conference and question and answer period on MSNBC.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment