Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 9:45pm, got up once at 11:30, again at 4:45, finally waking/getting up by alarm at 6:30am. I don’t think I slept, at least well, between 4:15 and 6:30.

At 7:25 I started ordering my Uber ride and I arrived at Unicentro mall 10 minutes early. (I should remember that since kids are on vacation traffic will be milder.) Jose was waiting for me and when the mall opened we went up to Parmessano for breakfast. They didn’t have French toast, again, so we each had an egg casserole with coffee. I also got my usual bottle of water before we moved to the food court. I had the Black pieces and got an attack going against his king but somewhere my attack petered out and I ended up losing in 38 moves.

After the first game we took turns going to Santa Elena and he got a meat-filled pastry and I got a cookie with blueberries.

I had the White pieces in the second game and I messed up the opening and eventually lost in 40 moves.

I received a text from my son that he’s coming for a visit July 29th to August 9th. He’ll be staying in Los Patios in Manila and he’ll be here for the Flower Festival. 😊

It was about 2pm and I went across the street and paid for our Direct TV service.

At 2:30 I took an Uber to Viva Envigado. I found a seat in Pergamino and had my usual granola with yogurt and acai berries with a small latte. Across the hall, the large Todo en Artes closed and Jardin Nomada is currently under construction.

I understand Colombia is playing Brazil tonight in the America’s Cup in Santa Clara, California.

Teresa called and asked me to meet her and MT at Café Perinto. I met them there and Teresa had a waffle and they each had a latte. About 5pm we walked MT back to her apt and quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.

I understand Laura and Peter are in Punta Cana at Hotel Riu Republica. Must be getting a little damp with category 5 hurricane Beryl just south of them. I saw an article online, “Hurricane Beryl damages, destroys 90% of homes on island in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.”

I heard some cheering at one point around 9pm so Colombia must have scored. Later I discovered the final was Brazil 1, Colombia 1.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS




No comments:

Post a Comment