Thursday, July 4, 2024

Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 5am, couldn’t fall back asleep (birds chirping outside my window), finally getting up at 5:30.

Teresa has her gym class then after eating something in Mayorca she’ll head to her art class in Envigado so I’ll be on my own for lunch.

Once my son gets his flight itinerary, I’ll call Carlos for pickup and ask if there’s a soccer game at the Stadium that week.

Colombia and Brazil both progressed out of the Copa America group stage with a 1-1 draw at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California.

Colombia had already clinched top spot in group D, but Brazil need to avoid a loss to guarantee their ticket to the knockout stage.

A free kick for Brazil’s Raphinha resulted in an early goal at the 12-minute mark, but it was matched by Colombia’s Daniel Munoz in the dying moments of the first half to ensure a nervous second half for Dorival Junior’s men.

I see Colombia has reached the quarter finals and will play Panama on Saturday at 11pm BST. (That’s British Summer Time which looks like 5pm in Colombia.) I understand the US didn’t advance to the quarterfinals.

I left the apt at 8am and completed my workout in Smartfit. When I came out there were a few raindrops but not enough to be bothersome. We had a short shower while I was having a latte in Los Porteños. I left at 10am and stopped in Eduardo Madrid for bagels. They didn’t have any so I ordered half a dozen for pickup tomorrow afternoon and returned to the apt.

I checkmated ONEIPAMETATO1453 on the 32nd move, increasing my rating to 1594. So close once again.

I’m watching the news and waiting to get hungry enough to go out for lunch.

I left the apt at 12:30 and stopped at the Bancolombia window where I had this week’s games printed. In Jack and Roll I had their pulled pork sandwich with fries and a Coke.



Strangely, it contained kernel corn but still was pretty good. I had to pull out the bacon and eat it first then I could eat the rest as a sandwich. The total with tip came to 52mil. Just as I was leaving I noticed a QR code for an English menu embedded in the table. 😊

I returned to the apt and exchanged a few items and took a Didi to the mall. I went up to the bank level and paid the apartment rental for July. I went to the consignacion ATM and found this sign displayed on all three.



I translated “entregar” as “deliver” but I don’t know if it means it can't take my money or it merely can't take change so it would work if I deposited an exact amount. I asked a young lady nearby that spoke English but she didn’t know either. I looked inside Bancolombia and the waiting area was full with a line to get tickets.

I went down to Urbania where I had a latte for a couple hours.

My son sent me his flight information and I contacted Carlos about pickup and inquired as to whether there will be a soccer game that week.

I went back up to Bancolombia and one ATM seemed to be working again. By the time it was almost my turn it seemed it wasn’t working again. I gave up and went to Exito where I found a working consignacion ATM and made the deposits for the gym and my (our) health insurance. I bought a few things in Exito, waited in a slow line about 20 minutes to pay, and returned to the apt by taxi.

About 8pm we had a shower but it only lasted about 20 minutes. I noticed a little more rain at 9:30 and was still raining lightly when I went to bed at 10pm.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment