Friday, July 26, 2024

Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 3:15, finally waking/getting up with Teresa at 7am.

I left the apt at 9am with 2 of Teresa’s (Laura’s) books in Spanish and my Prado Guide in English. I stopped at my suaul bus stop on Avenida Poblado but it was obviously no longer a formal bus stop. After 4 Envigado buses went by I finally got on a Sabaneta bus. I got off across the street from the used book store and crossed the street and entered. It’s been quite some time since I’ve been there and they have a lot of new books in English. I saw one titled 1492 but when I opened it it was in French. In the end I took 1000+ page Truman by David Cullough, “winner of the Pulitzer Prize”. The girl working there took Teresa’s 2 books in trade but wasn’t interested in the Prado guide in English. I walked 2 blocks and took a seat in a café I’ve frequented before across from city hall.

I left at 11am and walked 15 blocks back to the apt.

Marcos didn’t respond to my inquiry as to whether we are meeting tomorrow and he informed me that they are both sick with the flu. Maybe Covid?

I left at 2:30 and had a latte in Los Porteños while completing another 3 pages of puzzles, getting 1 incorrect. Btw, I’ve passed the 20% mark in the book.

I left at 5pm and returned to the apt.

I finished season 1 of Blue Bloods and watched some news on CNN and MSNBC.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment