Saturday, April 22, 2017

Friday, April 21, 2017

6 more days!

Well, for some reason I slept poorly last night.  I finally got up at 7:30.  I also have the early symptoms of another cold and I was thinking maybe I should skip the gym today.  I took an Excedrin Migraine, lay down for 20 minutes and got up just in time for the Today show.  I was feeling much better (no more eye pain, no more tiredness) so I left for the gym at 9:35.  I didn’t see anyone playing chess in the park.

Today I did 18 exercises; the pull down bar always seems to be busy and it is the same as another exercise I do so I think I’m just going to remove it from my list.  I finished at 12:05, my only excuse for taking 2 ½ hours is I added an additional 20# to 1 machine, 10# to 6 machines, and 5# to another, and I needed more recuperation time.

Teresa came back at 12:45 and made me lunch.  Jose showed up at 2pm and MT at 2:15.  We stopped at a copy store and had a copy made of both sides of her Social Security card, walked over to Bancolombia, took a number and walked upstairs where our number was ready to be served.  Right away we found out that they couldn’t help us because MT didn’t have her Cedula with her.  Jose and I returned to my apt while she returned to hers for her Cedula.  When she returned we stopped again at the copy store and had a copy made of both sides of her Cedula.  Back at the bank there was now a line and we had to wait 15 minutes.  The same lady informed us that she only works with quick 5 minute things so she sent us across the aisle to another lady.  45 minutes later they had printed out and completed the required forms.  She put them into an inter-house envelope like we used to use back in the sixties.  I understand it gets sent to the US embassy and her SS should be deposited within 4-6 months.  (That kind of sounds like what I already went through with the embassy only without the forms.)  She gave me a one-page letter with an email address and phone numbers for the embassy.  I’m to call or email them and give them MT’s address and phone numbers.

Back at the apt Jose and I played 4 games of chess, each winning 2.
Among new US movie releases there isn’t anything I want to see.  Locally, The Fate of the Furious is playing at Mayorca at 2:30pm and 5:20 in 3D, Oviedo at 1:30pm, 2:45pm, and 4:45pm in 3D, and Santafe at 1:40pm and 4:50pm in 3D.  Maybe Laura will want to see it on Sunday because Jason Statham is in it.

I mentioned to Teresa that today is supposed to be the Day Without Cars but I still see cars on the street.  She explained that exempted from the ban are buses, taxis, motorcycles and cars that are filled with people.

Teresa informed me that someone from the agency is coming tomorrow morning between 9 and 9:30 to show us a couple apartments/houses.

I received an email from Trip Advisor that my review for Sr. Wok has been published.  The only problem is I submitted it under the name Mr. Wok and they posted it to some restaurant called 123 Wok.  I tried to contact them but they have one of those automated Q&A sites and it’s difficult if not impossible to reach an actual person.


T-shirt of the day: Common sense is so rare these days it should be classified as a super power.

No comments:

Post a Comment