Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

I slept pretty well waking/getting up at 7:30.

It’s another mostly sunny day.

I left the apt at 9:45, waited 10 minutes for a metro bus, took the metro to Aguacatala station, walked across Avenida 80, caught a Circular Sur 303 bus and got off at Viva Laureles.  I walked through the mall and noticed that Cinnabon isn’t there any longer.  I met Jose Cruz at Mall Laureles.  

We played 3 chess games, I won 2 and lost 1.  I had lunch of a ranch burrito, coleslaw and mango juice for 18,600.  Afterwards we walked down to the chess league office.  Jose talked to the secretary and I learned that the carnet (FIDE license) costs 40,000 per calendar year.  My name would be in their system but to get an actual card I have to wait until I renew next January (I guess to have my photo taken) and then I’ll receive my card the following year.  (Don’t ask, this is Colombia.)  I think Jose will be playing in a tournament starting next week but I’m going to wait until the end of May for the senior tournament.  (By then Jose might be back in the States.)  Jose and I played a couple more games and I won one and he won one.  We walked to the metro station and he walked back to his apt and I took the metro to San Antonio then transferred to Envigado and took a bus to the park.  

Walking down the street I saw that 4-5 nearby blocks were without electricity including the corner store but I was surprised to see we still had electricity.  I was back at the apt by 6:45.

MT was there and Teresa explained she talked to Wilson and flights to Bogota are inexpensive but if we wait until June the price will go up so they want me to make an appointment with the US embassy ASAP.  I submitted an application for an appointment and the automatic response was that they usually respond within 5 working days.  (I sure hope we get the appointment, this has been a big pain in the butt.)

I received an email from Amazon that my other things have shipped.

Now I understand that the gym monthly fee is 80,000 (an extra 30,000 for the registration) per person for March, April and May and thereafter it’s 50,000 per month.  Sigh!  So I have to deposit another 120,000 pesos into Laura's Bancolomiba account.  


T-shirt of the day: I like cooking my family and my pets.  Use commas.  Don’t be a psycho.

No comments:

Post a Comment