Saturday, April 1, 2017

Friday, March 31, 2017

I fell asleep quickly and slept through the night EXCEPT for the cell phone that rang in the dining room at 4am.  Teresa ignored it the first two times but the third time she answered it.  It turned out to be Wilson.  He had tried to get into his apt but MT had locked it from the inside and was probably sleeping without her hearing aids so she couldn’t hear anything.  Since he couldn’t get inside he called us.  He came over a few minutes later and slept in the guest bedroom.

I woke up at 7am feeling quite refreshed so I got up.  We obviously got a lot of rain overnight.

Teresa showed me an official letter from the Alcala real estate agency.  I didn’t understand most of it but it’s obviously a notice that if we stay in the apt for another year the rent will go up 5.75% to 1,533,375 pesos a month.  We’re going to start looking around seriously next week.

Wilson got up about 8am and left for his apt.

Teresa left early for a 9am exercise class and I headed out at 9:30.  I saw Oscar there today – first time I’ve seen him since the Confama gym.  It’s tough coming back after missing just one day but I did my nearly 2 hours.

I made a trip to the bank for more cash so I can pay the apt rental tomorrow.  I made another stop in Exito where I picked up hotdog buns and mustard.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see Ghost in the Shell (6.9).  Locally, I would like to see Life (7.0) playing in Santafe mall at 1:10, 3:30, and 6:10pm.

I took a short nap from 2-3pm.  Soon Teresa and I left with MT for her hearing appointment.  We waited about 5 minutes for a taxi but still arrived at the doctor’s office in Ciudad del Rio 15 minutes early.  She was taken in at 4:20 and was out just before 5pm. 

We walked about 3 blocks to Mercado del Rio where the ladies had some sort of salad and I had a burger with fries and a Pepsi from Juicy Lucy.  The burger came in a fresh bun with an onion ring, bacon, cheddar cheese and lettuce inside for 24,900 (about $8.50).  I think it’s the best burger I’ve had so far in Medellin.

We quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.  On the way there was some light rain which stopped soon after we got back.

About 9:30 it started raining again and stopped just before we went to bed at 10:30.


T-shirt of the day: I was addicted to hokey pokey.  But then I turned myself around.

No comments:

Post a Comment