Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Monday, April 17, 2017

The countdown begins - only 10 more days!

On the Colombian morning news they were mourning, more accurate might be that they were celebrating the life of, a popular singer named Martin Elias who recently died in a car accident.  I understood he was going 200km (about 130 miles) per hour and wasn’t wearing a seatbelt.  Everyone else in the car survived.

After watching the first 20 minutes of the Today show I headed to the gym.  Today I remembered to bring my water bottle and I also brought my small umbrella as it looked like rain.  I even felt a few drops on the way.  At the park a couple of men were playing chess.

At the gym I did 18 of my 19 exercises in 2 hours, again the high pulley was in use.  On my way back to the apt I saw 3 different chess games going on.  For the first time I saw a Coldwell Banker sign advertising, in Spanish, that they are the city’s first real estate company – whatever that means.

When I got back to the apt I realized I didn’t have my empty water bottle and I can’t remember where I left it.  Last I remember I had it in the locker room so maybe I left it on top of my locker.

I left the apt at 3:30 to play chess at the park.  For the next 90 minutes I played 4 games with 3 different guys and, except for one game that went to the endgame, I got my clock cleaned each time.  As I left I noticed about 5-6 other games in progress.

I stopped in Exito for some things and had to wait in line for 20 minutes.

Teresa came back from her personal training session at 7:30.

She reminded me that the moving men are coming tomorrow at 8:30 to pick up the heavy finca furniture to take to Elda.  I think it will be the sofa, the 2 chairs, and the extra cushions.


T-shirt of the day: Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

No comments:

Post a Comment