Thursday, April 6, 2017

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Well, it was an interesting morning.

Last night I fell asleep quickly and didn’t wake up until 6:30.  I think it may be because I’m being much more careful with my nightly liquid consumption.  During dinner I’ll have about a fourth glass of something rather than a full glass.  I’ll have just a sip of water with my prostate medicine half an hour after dinner.  And I’ll have my usual third of a glass of water with my sleeping pill.  I’ll do that for a while and see if that continues to work.

So, at 6:30 I got up, went to the toilet, drank a half a glass of water and went back to bed.  I felt I couldn’t get back to sleep so 20 minutes later I got up.

Now, some back story.  The sink in the master bathroom leaks so we can only use the sink in the 2nd bathroom.  The lock on the 2nd bathroom is a little kludgy, when you push in the lock button it doesn’t always catch.  You have to push the door in a little and then push the button again to hear it click.  (The light also doesn’t work in that bathroom but that isn’t material to my story.)  I went to the 2nd bathroom to clear my nose and wash my hands.  I noticed Laura’s bedroom door was open but I guess I thought she had already left.  I opened the door so it obviously wasn’t locked and stepped inside and saw Laura naked from behind in the shower.  She yelled “ma” and I said “no it isn’t ma” as I quickly backed out.
I left the apt at 9:30 and noticed they are now tearing up the old road section.  I was at the gym by 9:40.  I did an hour and 50 minutes and completed everything except the pulley pull down.

Back at the apt I took my shower, had lunch and left at 1pm.  I waited outside for 20 minutes for the next metro bus.  I added 20,000 pesos to my Civica card at the Envigado station.  Walking down a busy street from Estacion Hospital I heard a car busily honking its horn in traffic.  I thought it was just an impatient driver because the stoplight was green.  More drivers started to honk their horns also.  As I was passing the hospital/clinic/emergency room a honking taxi pulled in.  Someone wheeled up a wheelchair and a man from the passenger side got out and sat down in the wheelchair.  He was holding a towel against his head so I guess he was in some sort of accident.

As soon as I got to Dario’s store he told me he wanted us to play in Avenida mall.  We went up to the food court, it wasn’t crowded and we started our first game.  I had black and I first exchanged what would be my bad bishop for his good bishop.  He got his queen and rooks going down the h-file towards my king but I held him off with my queen and rook.  I managed to get 2 center passed pawns and he lost on time on his 32nd move.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      In my game with white I played a gambit which he accepted and he got too aggressive with his knight and I made a move that threatened mate or he had to give up his knight.  Then he made another bad move and I pinned his rook against his queen with my bishop.  He resigned on his 11th move.

He informed me that next week is “semana santa” aka holy week so we won’t play again until the 19th.

At Envigado station I had a cold orange juice at Herman’s station.  I walked to Exito where I picked up a bottle of Kraft sweet relish and a bottle of tea for 22,000 pesos.  Waiting in line just ahead of me there was a young boy making an ass of himself over some Hot Wheel cars.  I was back at the apt by 5pm.  Nobody was there except Laura asleep in her room so I left my stuff and walked to the paper store where I printed out another chess game I found from an old CICL bulletin.  It was a 1979 championship game I won with the White pieces in 53 moves.  I stopped at a bakery and bought a churro to treat myself for winning both games today.

Back at the apt I gobbled down my churro with half a glass of milk. 

Laura left at 5:45 but I have no idea where she was going.

Teresa didn’t come back until 7:15.  She had her personal training session from 6-7pm.  She reported that the gym is very crowded in the evenings.

I think I finally figured out the Smartfit payments: The Initiation fee is 90,000 pesos but the payments are spread out over the first 3 months, the Maintenance fee is 89,000 (but MT doesn’t have to pay it because she’s a resident senior) and is paid annually (every March?) and the monthly fee is 49,900.


T-shirt of the day: I don’t like morning people.  Or mornings.  Or people.

No comments:

Post a Comment