Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

9 more days!

I got up once about 2 or 3 am, again about 5am, and I was finally awakened by horns honking at 6:30 (traffic was probably backed up worse than usual).

Teresa got up early and the moving men arrived about 7:15.  I got up at 7:30 and took my shower and while they’re finishing  taking everything I have time to post yesterday’s activities.  They finished about 20 minutes later.

Btw, Laura got up even earlier than I did.  I understand she has a new job in Belen – a neighborhood not far from Laureles.

Outside it’s “raining” yellow flowers from the tree outside, a few coming down every second.

Teresa told me I wouldn’t need an umbrella today so I left the apt at 9:20, umbrella-less, and arrived at Liga de Ajedrez at 10:20.  At first the secretary told us that she didn’t have a chess set for us to check out.  I couldn’t believe it.  It appeared that the tournament director had them all to get ready for the next tournament.  A minute later she went in back and brought one out for us.

We played 2 1-hour games that I both won.  Then since we were still a little early for the secretary to return for lunch at 2pm we played a 20-minute game which I also won.

Jose invited Teresa and I to their house for lunch some Wednesday or Friday.

There were very dark clouds approaching as we left Liga de Ajedrez.

We walked over to El Viejo y El Pancake which, of course, closes at 2pm so we had lunch across the street at Pinocchio’s Pizza.  We shared an executive size Napolitana pizza with ham on his half and pepper and onion on my side.  We each had a Coke for a total of 59,951 pesos (about $21). 

The pizza was very tasty with a nice crispy crust.

We said goodbye at the metro station and an hour later I was back in Envigado.  I stopped and bought a kilo (2.2 pounds) of fresh strawberries for 12,000 pesos (about $4.25).

MT came over about 5pm.  Laura came back at 7pm and left again not returning until 9pm.

I posted a review of Piccolo Pizza to Trip Advisor.  I wonder how they calculated our bill because it listed ½ Executive Napolitana for 19,675 and ½ Executive Jamon for 20,972 which turned out to be quite a bit more expensive than Opera Pizza’s 27,000 pesos although there it was without the ham, pepper or onion.


T-shirt of the day: I always mean what I say … I may not always mean to say it out loud, but I always mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment