Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Sunday, April 23, 2017

4 more days!

Still no wifi.

I understand Teresa really doesn’t like the television in the living room with all its wiring.  It sits on a table and on the shelves underneath there is the Direct TV box, the cable box, the Wifi router, my little TV Listener box, and now my SNES box.  Each has at least a power cord leading to the power strip.  I know it’s unsightly but if we can find the proper table we can at least get the cables out of sight.

Jose invited me via email to meet him Tuesday at Liga de Ajedrez.  This time I’ll take my own chess set so we can have lunch at El Viejo y El Pancake.

We lost our wifi signal so that limits the things I can do.  I asked Teresa about Tuesday and she said her mother has a doctor’s appointment but they can do that together.  I did a couple Rosetta Stone lessons and then, for the first time, I started playing some chess games against Shredder.  He pretty easily killed me at his normal grandmaster level so I handicapped him with the strength of Drunk and I beat him easily.  I changed his strength to Moron and won easily again.  I set him to Patzer and won that one easily also.  I tried Tit-for-tat and it gave me a fairly close game that I won in the endgame.

About 1pm Laura went out to Frisby and brought back chicken for lunch.

We left the apt just before 4pm, quickly caught a taxi and arrived at Santafe mall just after 4.  Teresa and Laura went to check out Zara and I went to buy tickets for Fast and Furious 8 3D.  There weren’t any decent regular seats left so I bought 3 preferred seating tickets for 70,500.  I already had 2 sets of 3D glasses so I only had to buy one more for 2,800 pesos.  I made a quick trip to the ATM for a little cash and found the ladies in Zara 20 minutes before showtime.  We had our snacks 10 minutes early (47,000 pesos) so we sat down in their café for a few minutes. 

In our seats we had to wait through 30 minutes of coming attractions (The Wall, Guardians of the Galaxy) and advertisements.  Teresa and I were both bored with the movie but Laura got to see her idol – Jason Statham.  I can’t believe how many cars and trucks they destroyed to make this movie – unless it was movie magic.

There was still no internet when we got back to the apt.

I won a close game against Shredder at Patzer level.


T-shirt of the day: The beatings continue until morale improves.

No comments:

Post a Comment