Sunday, April 30, 2017

Saturday, April 29, 2017

I got up once at 4am but otherwise slept through the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:30am.

It’s another clear, sunny day.

Late last night Teresa gave me some good news.  It appears the US embassy called MT last night and informed her that her Social Security should be in her Bancolombia account next week.  Yay!  Now I don’t have to worry about that anymore.  And MT said she will help Laura pay for college.  Yay, again!

I did another Speed Test and received 2.24Mbps download and 2.12 Mbps upload – at 8am on a Saturday morning.

I left the apt just before 9am, did 15 of 18 exercises at the gym and was back at the apt just after 11am.

I made the mistake of buying tea bags that make gallon sized containers of tea.  So either I have to find a pitcher or bottle of that size or I have to dilute the tea by not steeping it so long.  As I turns out the girl in the gym with all the tattoos carries around a bottle of water that is at least a gallon in size.  I guess I could ask her where she bought it but first I’ll probably try the dilution method.

I watched the NFL Draft final rounds #4-#6 but had on-again off-again wifi buffering problems.

I forgot to mentions that yesterday Maria, Jose’s wife, taught Teresa how to make something.  It wasn’t exactly crocheting but it was some other art/hobby.  Yesterday Teresa went out and bought some supplies and started a project of her own.  MT came over and in 3 hours she crocheted a piece of material the size of a small pillow.

In Chess Magnet School I was promoted to Earl.

Again I reminded Teresa that her mother has to go to the gym and ask them to cancel her membership, otherwise they are going to take (or try to take) money out of Laura’s account for her come May 10th.

The Colombian Peso closed for the week at 2,937 to the US Dollar.

I watched Season 6, Episodes 1&2 of The Walking Dead on Netflix.


T-shirt of the day: Just because I’m awake doesn’t mean I want to do things.

2 comments:

  1. [Sorry this got so long but I hope it may be a useful suggestion for you.]

    Hey Terry, I wouldn't recommend trying to brew your teabag twice, 'half-way'. I tried that & found that often my 2nd brewing with the same pre-used teabag gave an me odd-tasting or weak result.

    So maybe next time you're at Exito, or somewhere like that, see whether you can find a couple of 1/2-gallon glass containers; those rectangular ones that will fit right into the door of your 'fridge for keeping chilled water in. You want the kind with those pour spouts & a wide neck plus a soft plastic lid or cap that snugs into the mouth of the container.

    Anyway, I steep my tea strong in like a 2-cup measuring cup and fill both glass containers about 1/4 full with ice cubes, add in some liquid Stevia extract to sweeten the tea –the Stevia eliminates the problem of getting sugar to dissolve in chilled liquid & also saves on calories– then after about four or five minutes of steeping the teabag pour 1/2 of the hot strong tea into each glass container thru the ice cubes. The ice should mostly melt, chilling the tea, and once you've added water up to the top of the container and stirred everything well you can then serve from one of the containers and put the other one in the 'fridge to use sometime later.

    You will pretty soon figure out how many ice cubes to put in the containers so the cubes will be mostly melted after adding the hot brewed tea and water, and after stirring well it dilutes the tea to the right strength.

    For me, I tend to brew tea this way using Celestial Seasonings' Raspberry Zinger Tea but I use only one teabag for the 1/2-gallon container I have and I personally find that fewer teabags than recommended plus a couple of squeezes of lemon or lime juice & Stevia into the container gives me a tasty tea that's not so strong, plus it extends by a lot the amount of tea I can brew. (Mind you, doing this is just my preference.)

    OK, goodl luck with those big ol' teabags you wound up with!

    Pues, solamente mis dos granitos de arena...

    Cheers!

    Paul M.
    ==

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paul. I really appreciate the time you took to send me this. I will definitely give it a try.

    ReplyDelete