Saturday, July 14, 2018

Friday, July 13, 2018


Oh, it’s Friday the 13th!

Last night I fell asleep quickly and didn’t wake up until 6:15 getting up at 6:30.  That felt great!  Maybe it was the fresh air from biking yesterday?

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left the apt.  I picked up a free Gente newspaper in Exito and bought a Q’Hubo from the man standing on the street corner. 

At the gym I completed all my exercises in 2 hours.  Not sure why it took me that long today as it wasn’t that crowded.  I forgot to mention that I added 15# onto 3 machines last Monday so maybe the added recovery time slowed me down a bit.  I saw Charles but he only stays around about 30 minutes working on a few machines.

Back at the apt I received an email forwarded from Laura that her Au Pair application has been accepted by the agency.  Now most importantly she just needs to be paired with a family.

I understand Laura is working with the kindergarten children again today.

Teresa left the apt at 1pm for the finca.  This should be her last day there.

I took a little nap from 2 to 3.

I watched a couple movies on TV in the afternoon.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see Skyscraper (6.1) and Shock and Awe (4.8).

Locally, I would like to see The Ritual (6.3) playing at El Tesoro at 3:40pm.  But the mall is far away and isn’t a Cine Colombia theater so it wouldn’t count towards my Platinum card anyway.

I left the apt at 4:30, walked over to the bookstore and exchanged paperbacks.  Outside city hall I sat down and clipped my finger nails.  I stopped at a small café and had a small café con leche for 1,800 pesos.

Walking through the park I briefly saw Andres standing against a wall but I didn’t make it obvious I recognized him.  I heard him call my name about 3 times but I pretended I didn’t hear him.

I stopped at the corner store and bought a couple bags of milk so Teresa doesn’t send me out for some early next morning.

When I returned to the apt Teresa was already there – resting.  She says she will have to return Tuesday for some little thing.

Laura forwarded me an au pair informational email that I read and will soon print out. 

T-shirt of the day: WTF Where’s the food?

No comments:

Post a Comment