Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Monday, July 2, 2018


Last night I fell asleep quickly, only got up once at 5:30, and woke/got up at 7:30.


Today is another Colombian Holiday – St. Peter & Paul Day.

At 8am I walked over to Carbon de Leña for breakfast.  While there I briefly met a young man named Morris from Austria.  He says he’s been here for 9 months so he must have some type of permanent visa.

Teresa had already left for the finca when I returned to the apt.

I left at 9:15 for the gym.  I completed all but one of my exercises in an hour and 50 minutes.  In the meantime Brazil eliminated Mexico 2-0.

My son Jim arrived at 12:50.  He brought me a large bottle of root beer, 6 packages of Glide floss, 2 small containers of lemon juice and a small bottle of Skippy Crunchy Peanut Butter.  I really don’t need someone to bring the latter as I can usually find it here now.

At 1:30 we walked down to Deli Hoy for lunch.  Today they had some type of casserole that was pretty good.  We got an extra one “to go” for Teresa.

Jim informed me that he has friends coming in tomorrow, Sean from 2 years ago, another young man, and 2 girls who are all going to stay together in an AirBnB near Parque Lleras in Poblado.  So he’ll be moving out sometime tomorrow afternoon.

When I got back to the apt I checked and Japan was ahead of Belgium 2-0.

I received an email from Amazon that my order (at least one of them) has shipped.  So my step counter should be here towards the middle or end of July.

At the end of the 90’ regulation Belgium and Japan were tied 2-2.  Belgium scored another goal in the 4’ extra period to win 3-2.  Wow, what a comeback from down 2-0.

Jim, Laura, and I went to Bancolombia where Jim and I withdrew some cash and then I paid the apartment rent, health insurance and gym membership for the month.

We walked over to Bartolos where we sat and had café con leche and talked.

I learned that Jim started his Masters classes in April and it’s a 2 year course.  I understand it will cost something in the area of $18,000 so the best I can do is help defray his expenses a little over that period of time.  He starts student teaching next January so from then on he will no longer have his other full time job.  We both spent some time explaining to Laura how things are different in the US.

I paid the 4,800 pesos for our 3 coffees and we returned to the apt.

I took iPad photos of my payment receipts and emailed them to the proper recipients.

Teresa returned to the apt about 5pm.

Teresa made spaghetti with meat sauce (ala Juanita) for dinner and I made garlic bread but I made a few too many pieces.  I think a good standard would be to make 1 ½ slices per person.

About 7:45 it started raining and was still raining when we went to bed at 11pm.

Well, I’ve run out of dictionary sayings.  Now I’ll go back to t-shirts for a few weeks but soon I’m afraid I’ll have to dip into my joke collection.  Prepare yourself!

T-shirt of the day: We’re all infected.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. I wish I were a better writer but my degree was in mathematics. I also know i should include more photos. Mia culpa.

    ReplyDelete