Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Tuesday, July 10, 2018


Last night I fell asleep rather quickly, woke up once at 4:30, was awakened at 6:30 by a calf cramp, took maybe another hour to fall back asleep finally waking/getting up at 8:15.

I left the apt at 11:15, walked over to Bartolos but didn’t find any outside table available.  I wanted to have lunch there.  I took the bus to Poblado and had their menu of the day – chicken breast and a grape juice – at Aguacate for 14,190.  I walked up Calle 9 and as I walked through Parque Lleras I passed at least 20 Belgians walking in the direction of Hooters.  They had 15 minutes to find a TV so they could watch their match against France that begins at 1pm.  At Carrera 36 I said “hi” to Paula the owner of the Flip Flop Sandwich Shop. 

At Jim’s AirBnB we waited 10 minutes for sean to return then we took their suitcases over to Calle 10 where we quickly flagged down a taxi.  Interestingly, the taxi driver had a small TV on his dashboard and we watched the World Cup match.  We lost the TV signal just before halftime as we approached the airport.

They guys checked their bags at the COPA desk then we went upstairs where they had lunch at Kokorico.  I had a large orange juice for 8mil.  We watched the end of the match won 1-0 by France.

An hour before flight time I said goodbye to them and they started their TSA processing.

I went downstairs to arrivals and got a seat in the back of a Greyhound style bus to San Diego mall.  I was a little surprised that this time they collected the money before we left the airport – 9,500 pesos.  Also a policeman came aboard and checked everyone’s ID.
On the way I saw a new ramp that will lead to the new tunnel to Medellin.

We arrived at the mall in about 45 minutes.

I made a quick trip to the restroom then walked across the street.  This time I caught the bus on the other side of the side street so I knew it would be going down Avenida Poblado not Avenida Las Vegas like it did last time – my mistake.

I noticed more Colpatria banks in locations I know didn’t previously have a Citibank ATM or office.

It only took about 20 minutes to get through the Gold Mile.  In Envigado I stopped at Exito where I picked up a package of hamburger buns.

I was back at the apt by 4:30.

Laura told me she might be working for John Joseph for 50mil for 3 hours.  She thinks it will be as a tour guide in English.  I told her to just speak slowly and clearly.

An expat notified everyone that Amazon will “arrive” in Colombia by the end of this month.

T-shirt of the day: My dad’s a superhero and I’m his sidekick.

No comments:

Post a Comment