Sunday, July 29, 2018

Saturday, July 28, 2018


I slept pretty well despite getting up once during the night, finally waking at 5am and getting up at 6am.

After a cereal breakfast I took a little nap from 8:30 to 9.

I left the apt about 9:30 and on my way downtown I ran into Laura.  I showed her my cellphone and asked her what happened to my Whatsapp messages that had seemed to have disappeared.  She pressed some button about 4 times and there were my messages.  Will I ever learn how this thing works?

I took a bus to Envios Market where I picked up a couple bottles of supplements I had ordered for 7,200 pesos and paid the mailbox rent for August of 39,000 pesos.

It was such a nice cool morning I walked up to Starbucks where I had a medium cafĂ© mocca blanco for 10,400 pesos.  I sat outside and checked the news on my cellphone.

I walked over to Oviedo mall where I dropped off a used AA battery in one of their recyclable containers.  I stopped at their event area where I took a few photos of a roller rink they have temporarily set up.  Near the entrance they have a Dogger restaurant and an area that looks like an American diner.

Outside I quickly caught a Sabaneta bus back to Envigado.

I stopped at Exito and picked up a head of lettuce that Teresa asked for and a package of hamburgers for me. 

On the way back to the apt I was surprised that the local copy center was closed.

When I got back to the apt I found a Whatsapp message from Laura asking me to also pick up tomatoes.  I didn’t receive it because Exito doesn’t have wifi.  One of these days I’ll add a data plan with LG or whatever it’s called.

I understood Laura got her hair done for an upcoming wedding but it didn’t look anything special and it appeared that Teresa gave her hell for paying 30mil for it.

The Colombian Peso closed for the week at 2,887 to the US Dollar.

I gave Laura 100mil so she could get her hair fixed.

I learned the wedding is tonight at 6pm.

I went downtown where I printed out some chess notes.  I then had coffee at one of the bakeries.  I picked up 3 bags of milk on the way back to the apt.

Laura came back with a package of hair extensions for 75mil.  She then left to get them attached.  The 2’-3’ package was in English and I understood the hair was either from Japan or Korea.

She came back and it looked real pretty attached as a pony tail.  She changed into a sexy dress and asked me to call an Uber car for her.  The address she gave me didn’t register because I was told the hotel is in Poblado when it’s officially in Envigado.

She left about 6:05 and the Uber app notified me she arrived at 6:30.

I changed into nicer jeans and short sleeved shirt and left the apt at 7:15.  Teresa wasn’t interested in going with me.  I stopped at a corner liquor store and bought a bottle of Gato Negro wine for 28,000 pesos.  I walked to the gym and then continued south.  About 6-7 blocks later I was across from the soccer field near Margarita’s apartment.  Remember her?

I seemed to have gone a little too far so I retraced my steps a couple blocks and called Charles.  I told him I was on the corner of Carrera 41 and Calle 40F Sur.  He told me to continue south a couple blocks and turn left.  I did and then walked up a hill to the corner.  Finally he could see me from his 5th floor apartment.  He buzzed me into the building and I had to walk up 4 flights – no elevator.

He has a small 2 bedroom apartment and I was the first one there.  I gave him the bottle of wine and we talked while he puttered around the kitchen.  Finally we sat down and talked.  About 15 minutes later other guests arrived – 4 gringos and a Colombiana.  Three of the gringos were black and the other was from India.  Charles made spaghetti with meat sauce that was good and he also had some snacks set out.  One guy was from New York and he gave us the history of Donald Trump and his father and grandfather and why 80% of New Yorkers can’t stand him.  Too soon it was 9:45 and I said by goodbyes.  I walked through the park about 10pm and people were still partying and sitting outside talking.

I was back at the apt just after 10pm.

Today’s Step Count was 13,779.

T-shirt of the day: Size matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment