Thursday, July 19, 2018

Wednesday, July 18, 2018


Typical night.  I got up twice during the night, woke up about 5:30, got up at 6:30.

I sneaked in a little nap between 8:15 and 8:45.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and headed for the gym.  I did all of my exercises in an hour and 45 minutes.

For lunch Teresa decided to make Jumbalaya with the mix Chuck brought some months ago.  We needed some meat base so she sent Laura to Exito for sausage.  It turned out pretty good although a tad spicy.

I left the apt about 4:30 and walked over to Bartolos for a coffee.  There were no outside tables so I continued on to the nearest bakery.  I sat down at the only available table but after 10 minutes no one came to ask for my order so I got up and moved on to the next bakery.  Even there I had to wait 5 minutes to give my order.  I had a café con leche while checking the news on my cellphone.

I paid 1,600 or whatever it was for my coffee and walked over to the copy center where I had a few pages copied from my latest Chess Life magazine.

I was back at the apt just before 6pm.

Teresa said her mother called and she’s bored and wants to go to Home Center.  I told her I would skip it this time.

At 7pm Teresa asked me if I want to go for pizza.  (She asked me right after I ate a biscotti cookie with a glass of milk so her timing could have been better.)  I said fine as long as it’s a little later.

We left the apt just before 8pm, met MT down the hill and quickly caught a taxi to Antica Pizza for 6mil.  We each had a slice and got one to go for Laura.  The total bill including drinks came to about 58,500 pesos.  We had to wait 5 minutes or so to catch a taxi back for the minimum of 5,400 pesos.

Today’s Step Count was 8,894.

T-shirt of the day: I left my heart in (sic) my first date.

No comments:

Post a Comment