Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Tuesday, July 24, 2018


I was awakened about 3am by a light rain.  I had a pair of gym gloves airing out in the window.  I moved them as now they will need drying out but there’s plenty of time to do that.  I got up once more about 5am, waking at 6:15 and getting up at 6:30.

I called Jose and let him know I could meet earlier so we agreed on 9:30 instead of 10.  I was going to wear shorts but noticed the high is only supposed to be 79 with a chance of rain so I went ahead with jeans.

I left the apt at 8:25 and walked down to the metro.  On the way I noticed that workers now have the pedestrian bridge crossing Calle 37Sur.  I said a quick hi to Herman.

I arrived at the chess league at 9:20 and Jose arrived 5 minutes later.

In the first game I had White and he played the Caro-Kann defense which is one of the openings I had studied.  He found a novelty move on his 7th move which took me out of the book.  I generated some pressure against him but then I blundered and he forked both of my rooks with his knight but I still found a way to force a draw by repetition.

We walked over to Tropical restaurant where we both had the menu of the day for 10,500 pesos each.

Back at the chess league I had the Black pieces and we had a close game with him having the advantage in the endgame but he blundered and left a rook hanging.  At one point it started raining but only lasted about 5 minutes.

Before leaving I stopped in their restroom and they had toilet seats but today no toilet paper but I had a small package that I carry with me.  It turned out to be a false alarm.

I walked with Jose as far as the Stadium Station.  On the way I remembered that I forgot what I did with the package of toilet paper.  I looked through my pockets, my tech bag and my fanny pack but couldn’t find it anywhere.  I said goodbye to Jose and headed for the public restroom.  I gave them 800 pesos and they gave me a wad of toilet paper but the toilet didn’t have a toilet seat. 
After I finished I went upstairs and took the metro back to Envigado.

I took the bus up to the park.  I stopped at Bartolos where I had a café con leche for 1,600 pesos.  While I was there it rained for about 5 minutes.

I stopped at an ATM and made my last withdrawal for the month.

Back at the apt while changing out of my jeans a package of toilet paper fell on the floor.  Interesting!

I understand Laura is dog sitting today for her cousin today.

It rained from about 6pm to 6:30.

When Laura returned we coerced her into going out and bringing back empanadas for dinner.

I finished reading Michael Connelly’s Two Kinds of Truth (Harry Bosch #19).


Today’s Step Count was 10,998.

T-shirt of the day: Shut up and kiss me.

No comments:

Post a Comment