Friday, July 27, 2018

Thursday, July 26, 2018


I got up several times during the night, finally waking at 5:30 and getting up at 6:30.

I made a quick trip to the corner store for milk for breakfast.

After breakfast I made a quick trip to Exito mainly for the brand of eggs that Teresa prefers.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show then made a quick trip to La Abuela Isabela for a cake for 20mil to take to the Cruz’s house.  They store didn’t have Tiramisu so I got coffee which they said should be similar.

At 10:30 I called for an Uber car and notified Teresa.  She panicked because she wasn’t quite ready.  The driver arrived 10 minutes later and I went downstairs and asked him to wait a few minutes.  No problem.  Teresa came out and we arrived at Jose and Maria’s apartment for 13,100 pesos.

I had Black in the first game which was close but I missed a move in the middle game which gave him the advantage in the endgame and he won.

Jose and I talked about an interesting chess book I found on the internet called The Woodpecker Method.  Basically the way it works is that you go through a long set of tactics and note how long it takes.  Then you go through them again improving on your time.  Then you repeat it with the intent that they will become ingrained in your memory making them much easier to identify and solve in the future.

Maria made a nice lunch and Jose and I played game 2.  I was soon in trouble but sacrificed a few pieces and was able to force to get a draw by repeatedly checking his king.

We got about 5 minutes of rain during our second game.

We took another Uber back to the apt for 14,300 pesos.  We got some more rain on the way but it had stopped by the time we arrived back in Envigado.

I ordered the chess book Jose and I talked about with the last of the money I have for this month in my checking account.

We got a little more rain in the evening.

Laura still hasn’t heard anything more from the Orthodox Jewish family from New Jersey.

Today’s Step Count was 5,129.

T-shirt of the day:
BA     C     O     N
Au56 Au6 Au8 Au7

No comments:

Post a Comment