Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Monday, July 16, 2018


Well it was another typical night.  I fell asleep pretty quickly and woke up at 4:30.  It took me at least 90 minutes to fall back asleep finally waking/getting up at 8am.

Teresa told me that John doesn’t have water.  You already told me that like when, last Friday?  I understand she has someone that is going to fix it today and she doesn’t have to be there.

At the gym I completed all my exercises in an hour and 50 minutes.

While waiting for lunch I took a little nap from 12:30 to 1:15.

After lunch I left the apt at 2pm and got a seat in the back of a bus headed for Poblado.  Unfortunately by the time it crossed the Envigado/Medellin border all the seats were taken; there’s no heat like body heat.  I got off across the street from Envios Market where I picked up a little package for an extra 1,800 pesos plus my July Chess Life magazine.  I took a bus up to McDonald’s where I ordered an Oreo Cappucino Frappe for 7,900 pesos and asked the girl to bring it to me outside. 

The little package as expected was my step counter, unfortunately it came with a lanyard so I didn’t need to buy one separately and it even came with an extra battery.  I quickly put it together, hit the reset button and slid it over my wasteband.  27 minutes later my drink still hadn’t arrived so I gathered up my things and as soon as I stepped inside I saw the girl coming towards me with my order. 
Wow is it cold inside McDonald’s; no one’s going to linger long in there.

I skimmed through my Chess Life magazine and checked the news on my cellphone to see what the latest trouble our president is in.

I left about 4pm and watched at least 4 Envigado buses go by, with lots of empty seats, before finally catching a Sabaneta bus.  Hmmm!  Maybe I should rethink taking an Envigado bus and see how many extra blocks I have to walk; it might be worth it; especially if I’m trying to walk more.  I got the last seat in the back row and it was soon full - standing room only.

I stopped at the copy center and had a few pages copied from the September 2017 issue of Chess Life.

Back at the apt I checked my step counter and it still read 0.  I reset it again and then it seemed to start working.  Today is mainly a practice day; I’ll start recording my steps for real starting tomorrow.

We left the apt at 7pm, walked down the hill where we met MT and walked to Exito.  They continued on to Home Center and I stopped in Exito where I couldn’t find any Cheddar cheese so I picked up a package marked cheese for sandwiches.  I also picked up a head of lettuce that Teresa asked for.  In Home Center I found them upstairs in the plumbing aisle.  I don’t think Teresa found exactly what she was looking for because she wasn’t holding anything and MT only had a bottle of what looked like glass cleaner.  Back downstairs, now about 8pm, they had the longest lines I’ve ever seen there so MT put her bottle down and we walked out.  Teresa said she could buy what she needs in Caldas.

We stopped at MT’s apartment for awhile – very stuffy – why do old people always shut themselves up like that?  I hope I don’t become like that when I’m old.  LOL.

We left her apt at 8:30.

At least her elevator is now working, although it’s pretty slow.

Todays, partial day, Step Count was 5,881.

T-shirt of the day: Are we human?

No comments:

Post a Comment