Sunday, July 15, 2018

Saturday, July 14, 2018


I slept pretty well but woke up at 4am.  I got up once more at 6am, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

Teresa got an early morning call from John – they don’t have any water.  She believes the hose from the tank came loose so she recommends we have to add another tank as backup.   Later she said something about leaves getting into the tank and clogging the hose.  Ah, the joys of home ownership.

I left the apt about 9:30 and took a bus to Calle 7 where I withdrew some small bills.  I walked up to McDonald’s where I had a cold Frappe Mocha and sat outside reading my Nook.

I walked up to the Ovideo bus stop and had to wait about 10 minutes for a Sabaneta bus.  I got one of the last seats in the back.
Back in Envigado I picked up a few items from Exito and then had the Au Pair guide Your Steps to America printed out at the nearby copy center.

Back at the apartment I found an email that I have a package to pickup at Envios Market.  Drat!  They sent it about the same time I was in their neighborhood.

Monthly I have been receiving an email from Smartfit – something about finishing my registration.  Tonight Laura helped me complete an online application and now I just have to notify the girl at the front desk that I’ve finished it.

Well that didn’t work as planned!  Teresa suggested we order ribs from Mu so at 7pm Laura and I got dressed and called the restaurant to place our order.  Unfortunately we kept getting a “this number is temporarily out of order” message.  I checked online and it looked like they were open.  I had Laura check Facebook and she said she didn’t see any indication that they were closed.  By this time it was 7:15 so I called an Uber car to take us there and then we would order.  The driver spoke good English having driven cabs and trucks in New Jersey 20 years ago.  When we got there I saw a light on inside and 3 people standing outside.  Despite these visual clues the people standing outside said it was closed until September.

We walked the few blocks to Parque Lleras where we ordered food at J&C Delicias.  I don’t know why, as the restaurant wasn’t busy, but it took at least 45 minutes for them to prepare our order.  I was going to call an Uber car to take us back to the apt but I kept seeing empty taxis going by.  Of course by the time we walked outside there wasn’t a taxi in sight.  I just followed Laura who showed me the best place to catch a taxi and we arrived back at the apt at 8:40.

The Colombian Peso closed for the week at 2,857 to the US Dollar.

After dinner Laura was talking to someone on her cell phone that I soon learned was Andres.  Something about her showing him how to get to the airport Monday so he can return to San Andres.

T-shirt of the day: Greece.

No comments:

Post a Comment