Saturday, July 7, 2018

Friday, July 6, 2018


Last night I fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night but fell back asleep quickly finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

Teresa informed me that Totto called and my old fanny pack has been repaired and is waiting for pickup.  I’m glad because the new one is just too large, too deep and hard to use so I’m going to switch back to the old one.

Among new US movie releases, there isn’t anything I would like to see.  Locally, the only possibility is Journeyman (7.6) which is playing at Oviedo at 11:30, 1:30 and 3:40.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  I bought a QHubo newspaper on the way but didn’t see a free Gente newspaper in any of the usual places.

I completed all of my exercises in an hour and 45 minutes during which France beat Uruguay 2-0.

On the way back to the apt I stopped at Comfama but they didn’t have any Gente newspapers either.  I stopped in Exito and they had them.

Back at the apt Teresa said she’s not going to the finca today but she’s leaving very early tomorrow.  She asked me to invite Jim for lunch.  I texted him and he is coming to the apt at 1pm for lunch.
Jim arrived but I guess Laura is having lunch with the children.  Jim said that the Uber he took was less expensive than a taxi.

Teresa made a nice lunch of soup, pork, mashed potatoes, vegetable stir fry and fresh juice – tomate de arbol or tree tomato.  Colombia has a lot of exotic juices we don’t have in the US.

We watched the rest of the soccer match where Belgium defeated Brazil 2-1.

Jim took an Uber back to his AirBnB but it took about 30 minutes to get one that could find our apt.

I left the apt at 4:30 and quickly caught a Sabaneta bus.  I confirmed with the driver as I got on that he was going to Mayorca mall.  The driver went 2 blocks and then stopped.  Lots of cars and buses passed us.  I finally got up and opened the windows in the ceiling.  The women on the bus started chiding the bus driver and arguing amongst themselves.  At one point I heard “No pasa nada” – the first word means “no” or “not” and the last word means “nothing” so I figured “pasa” might mean something like “move’ or “passage” but I put it into my translator and it said it means “It’s okay”.  Strange!  Finally, ladies started looking out the back window and there was another Sabaneta bus and they all got off and I followed.  We got on the other bus via the back door so we wouldn’t have to pay again.  This bus also seemed to hesitate but finally he passed the stalled bus and I got to Mayorca mall.

I got off at the new section and made my way to the old section.  At Totto I picked up my repaired fanny pack for 10mil.  The zipper is nicely repaired but the thingy that holds the straps together is loose although it is new.

I worked my way back to the new section and up 2 levels where I had a cafĂ© con leche for 4,900 pesos.  The area was cool again but at least it wasn’t freezing like before.

I went back to the new section where I bought a new container of Bi-Pro for 85mil – the cheapest price I’ve seen in awhile.  I also saw healthier mixes for pancakes but we’ve got enough packages at home already.

I easily caught a bus back to Parque Envigado and was back at the apt by 6:30.

Teresa’s cousin Jorge stopped by and picked up the 200,000 peso downpayment for painting the finca.  I understand the balance will be paid in September.

Laura told me that Ana Maria finally got the shoes for her business with Juan David but she told him she’s no longer interested because she wants to be an au pair.  Now I understand he’s mad at her.

Uh-Oh!  I checked and Jose’s opponent tonight has a rating of 2000 – borderline Class A and expert.

T-shirt of the day: Chocoholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment