Monday, July 23, 2018

Sunday, July 22, 2018


I fell asleep quickly but got up 3 times during the night.  I finally woke up at 8am and got up at 8:30.

At 10:15 I left the apt in shorts and sleeveless t-shirt and joined the Ciclovia crowd.  For the first time I saw a few wheelchairs with bicycles mounted on the back.  I walked down to Carulla but this time crossed the street and went inside the Euro grocery store.  I didn’t see anything really different except imported oranges so I bought a couple for 4,000 pesos.  I was back at the apt by 11:30.

Teresa decided she wanted to go to Parque de Uva (Grape Park) across from El Tesoro mall.

We ordered a full chicken from Frisby plus salads and drinks for 63mil.

After the food arrived I called for an Uber car.  It took 10 minutes to get to us but it only cost 10,100 pesos to take us to the park.  We picked up MT on the way.

We had a nice picnic lunch.  I was surprised I was able to get wifi there; that was a nice plus.

At one point we were sitting at some metal tables and I noticed blood on our table.  I had opened my cut again.  Teresa talked to a man working there and he got a first aid kit and Teresa put some gauze and tape to cover it.

Laura and I walked over to a nearby burger restaurant where we got mixed soft serve ice cream cones for us and a bottle of water for Teresa.

We all walked across the street to the mall and walked around a bit.  We quickly caught a taxi and it cost 13,300 pesos to drop MT off near her apt and then take us home.

The Colombian Peso closed for the week at 2,870 to the US Dollar.

Laura’s all excited because she was contacted by a family from Clifton, NJ that is looking for an au pair.  They have 3 children ages 7 years, 4 ½ years, and 15 months.

I read the fact that they have a cat and she said she’s afraid of cats but when she saw that the cat is white she said that’s okay, she’s only afraid of black cats.  Go figure!

The 2 older children go to school from 8am-4pm so Laura would mainly be taking care of the toddler during the day.

A possible hangup is that they want someone to start before September.

I read the couple’s letter and they both are from the former Soviet Union with parents living nearby and they are Orthodox Jewish.  I warned Laura that experiencing their religion will be very different from what she’s used to and she should google Orthodox Jewish so she has a better idea what to expect.

Today’s Step Count was 11,039.

T-shirt of the day: No onion please.

No comments:

Post a Comment