Friday, July 6, 2018

Thursday, July 5, 2018


I did not sleep well last night.  I got up once then woke up and on purpose did not look at the clock hoping it would be easier to fall back asleep.  Not sure if it was 4:30 or an hour earlier or later but I don’t think I fell back asleep.  I finally got up at 8:15.

After watching the first 90 minutes of the Today show I went back to bed but just rested again didn’t fall asleep.

Jim, my son, texted me and he’s going to meet me here about 1pm and when Laura returns from her childcare job we’ll go to Bartolos for lunch.

I took an Excedrin Migraine and was soon feeling better.

Both Jim and Laura arrived separately around 1pm.  Jim took an Uber car and reported that it’s less expensive than a taxi.  He also showed me how I could adjust my present location on the Uber and taxi apps.  We walked over to Bartolos but all 5 of the outside tables were taken.  In fact we ended up at the table all the way in the back.

We all had the menu of the day for 13,000 pesos each.

Unfortunately, we were too deep inside the building to have any chance of accessing wifi.

On the way back to the apt we stopped at the copy center and I printed out more chess articles.  We had café con leche at the apt and Jim returned to his AirBnB.

Jose’s opponent tonight only has a rating of 1248 so he should be able to handle that.

T-shirt of the day: I’m 99% sure my soulmate is my dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment