Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Tuesday, July 17, 2018


Last night I woke up once about 3am, fell back asleep quickly, woke/got up at 7:30.

I forgot to mention that we got a little rain last night from about 9:30 to 10:15.  I think this is the first rain we’ve had since before my son arrived on July 2nd.

I put on shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt and headed out the door at 9am.  I realized I forgot to recharge my iPod so I left it behind.  I did take my umbrella and the change for the chess league secretary.  I walked down to the metro and on the west line in the San Diego station an American woman got on with her 2 daughters.  They are visiting from Arizona and are going on a tour today of Communa 13 with its outdoor escalators.

I arrived at the chess league right at 10am and Jose was waiting for me.  I asked him if the secretary was there and he reported that now they have a new one so I guess I get to keep my change.

I had the White piecies in the first game and almost immediately got pressure against his king and queen and he was in a cramped position.  He repelled a couple of my attacks until I finally repelled his desperate attack and he resigned. 

We walked over to Tropical in Obelisca mall where we had their menu of the day for 10,500 pesos.  The soup was delicious but there was nothing special about the meat today. 

Jose told me he has a 3:30 doctor’s appointment today so we just walked back to the chess league where we showed each other a chess puzzle.

Jose checked and the fee for the amateur section of the upcoming Flower Faire tournament is 76mil.

We walked together as far as the Stadium Station.  I think we might get together to play again on Thursday.

At the San Antonio station I noticed a couple gringos who appeared not to be sure of where they were or were going.  I asked if they needed help but they said no.

By then I wasn’t paying attention when the train came in so I didn’t know if it was a local (La Estrella) or an express (Naranja or Verde).  This is only important because Verde doesn’t stop at the Envigado station.  I jumped on anyway and finally figured out that if it stopped at all stations (which it did) then I knew I was on the local.

In Parque Envigado I stopped at Bartolos where I had a limonada de coco.  I noticed that a Bartolos wifi network was available so I asked the waitress for the password.  She got it right on the second try.  For the first time in I don’t remember when I got a strong internet signal.  There were a couple of gringos sitting at the next table but I thought they were German.  They were having the menu of the day and at one point a drifter came over and appeared to ask her if he could have her leftover frijoles.  Another man with a uniform stood nearby as I don’t think that sort of thing is condoned here.

Todays Step Count was 8,670.

T-shirt of the day: Less Monday.  More summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment