Monday, July 16, 2018

Sunday, July 15, 2018


I woke up twice last night but still fell back asleep quickly, finally waking up at 7am.  Teresa asked me what time it was and I said “7am but I’m still going to rest a bit”.

At 7:45 the doorbell rang - it was Andres.  Eventually Laura went downstairs and talked to him at the entrance.  I quickly looked out and saw he had a couple photocopies that looked like a birth certificate or passport and was complaining about something.

Teresa told me she wants to have an electrician come in to disconnect the phone that is attached to the doorbell.  I told her I’m not changing my life for that idiot.  On the other hand I have to question Teresa’s decision for bringing him here.

Teresa told me now Andres doesn’t want to return to San Andres.  (Why, because he’s so happy here?  Bothering us?)  This is one reason why Teresa is so insistent on moving – so he won’t be able to find us.

In the World Cup final, finally some scoring: France 2-1 over Croatia at halftime.  France prevaled 4-2 to become the World Cup Champion.

What I learned from reading the local newspapers: a) there are 16 Encicla rental stations in Envigado with routes connecting it to Medellin, Sabaneta, and Itagui (they still don’t show up on their website map, though); b) the new Viva Envigado mall is 80% complete and should be finished in 2 months; c) the current administration will not be able to complete the Metro Plus in Poblado due to lack of resources.  Even the designs will not be finished as City Hall reassigned the resources to other projects in the city.

For lunch, Teresa made vegetable lasagna using leftover dough that she had frozen and I made garlic bread.

At 5pm Teresa announced she wanted to go somewhere.  First she came up with Zara at Santafe mall.  I informed her that she could look but not buy anything because we don’t have (much) money.  Then she got the idea to go to Pricesmart because we need some things.  I agreed and convinced Laura to join us for the first time.

At 5:30 I called for an Uber car.  I watched and for 5 minutes it said he was 4 minutes away but his car didn’t move.  Finally, the car turned around, turned around again, and again, finally moving and picking us up about 5:40.  He took us to Pricesmart for a little more than 9,000 pesos.

This was Laura’s first time there so Teresa showed her around while I picked up a few things I knew we wanted.  I replenished my container of garlic spread that is almost finished.  (At one point I got a free slice of pepperoni pizza from a server at one end of an aisle.)  I also picked up another container of Biscotti biscuits and package of English muffins.  The total bill came to almost $135.

We took a taxi back for 13,000 pesos and were back by 7:30.

Tomorrow after gym and lunch I hope to go to Envios Market and pick up my step counter.

T-shirt of the day: Cute as fuck.

1 comment: