Thursday, July 26, 2018

Wednesday, July 25, 2018


I only woke up once during the night finally waking at 6:30 and getting up at 7am.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym where I completed all my exercises in an hour and 50 minutes.  I saw Charles and he invited me to his birthday party for this Saturday night.  He gave me his business card which looked awful familiar; I think he gave me one before and I never contacted him.  My bad!

I was getting ready to go to Exito to pick up some much needed items but Teresa said we also need chicken so we should go to Euro.  Fine!  Then she asks me to go to Euro alone and she tells me she’ll give me a note to give to the butcher.  I know if I do this alone one time she’ll want me to do this every time.  I think we’re going to wait until sundown and then we’ll go together.

At 6:15 I called for an Uber car and I watched him make his way to us via the app.  I almost made the cardinal sin when I started to get in the backseat with Teresa.  This isn’t a taxi so someone needs to sit in the front.  The fee for the 17 minute ride to Mayorista was 8,400 but I gave the driver 10mil.  The fee was a little higher because it was a high traffic time of the day.

I got a cart and Teresa waited for a butcher to give her the chicken while I went and picked up other things.  There were a few things they didn’t have – like Teresa’s preferred brand of eggs – so I’ll still have to make a quick trip to Exito tomorrow.  The total bill came to 427,415 pesos.  They loaded all our groceries into an SUV and he took us back to the apt.  The driver only asked for 7mil but we’ve usually given 10mil so I gave him that.

We had to carry all the groceries up the stairs by ourselves because Laura was at the gym.

Today’s Step Count was 8,189.

T-shirt of the day: Wish you were beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment