Sunday, July 1, 2018

Saturday, June 30, 2018


It took me about 30 minutes or so to fall asleep last night.  Maybe because I ran out of magnesium tablets that help make me drowsy at night.  I got up once during the night, woke up at 6am and got up at 6:30.

Teresa told me she’s leaving early for the finca and Laura is spending the day with a girlfriend so she suggested I go see a movie so as not to be bored being alone all day.

I left the apt at 9am, quickly caught a bus downtown and got off at Envios Market.



They gave me my July issue of Reader’s Digest and I paid the 39,000 peso rental for July.  I walked over to Tostao where I had another large 16oz Cappucino for 2,700 pesos.  Unfortunately they don’t have wifi.  I walked the mile to McDonalds’ and on the way I noted the Terraza restaurant (034 268 5555) adjoining a hotel.  Per Trip Advisor the restaurant seems to get good reviews but the hotel not so much.  At McD’s I had another cold Cappucino Frappe but this time a Mocca for 5,600 pesos.  I sat outside on their patio as the A/C was very cold inside.  At least they have wifi.  Just before I left I double checked the showtimes and found that my movie starts at 1:15 instead of 1:30.  I took a bus to Calle 7 and withdrew a lot of small bills at the Cedimed ATM.  On the way to Vizcaya I passed Flip Flop Sandwich Shop so they’re still in business.  I arrived 20 minutes early for the movie.  Even though my Cine Colombia balance was 35,000 pesos I added another 40,000.  I bought a general seating ticket to Overboard (5.6) for 6,000 pesos. 
I bought a medium popcorn and large soda for another 16,300 pesos.  There were just another 3 people in the theater.  I enjoyed the movie, I just had one problem.  The movie is in English with Spanish subtitles but because the male star is Mexican a lot of the scenes where in Spanish.  In those cases I think it would only be fair if they had subtitles in English.

I walked down the hill to Avenida Poblado and soon was on a bus back to the apt.  They have removed the detour that used to go off Avenida Poblado in Envigado.

I arrived at the apt by 4pm and walked over to the large copy center just as they were closing.  I bought my monthly medications at Todo Drogas.  It was raining lightly as I returned to the apt.  I was back by 4:30.

I found that we no longer have a Direct TV signal.

The Colombian Peso closed for the week at 2,931 to the US Dollar.  It’s nice to see it over 2900 again.

Teresa returned at 7pm and quickly ordered a Frischuleta from Frisby for us to share.

Laura returned at 8pm.  At 9pm she left to buy herself some empanadas for dinner.

If your dictionary told the truth: Clapping (verb) Repeatedly high-fiving yourself for someone else’s accomplishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment